Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Navigraph Add on now available for the Carenado Phenom 300

CARENADO NAVIGRAPH EMB505 PHENOM 300 EXTENSION PACK FSX/P3D RELEASED.

$5.95 for only for 10 days..... Special price. Go get it.

Ray

Navigraph Sep 10, 2015.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

So any one has luck with the Navigraph Extension and P3D 2.5!!

My P3D makes a nice little CTD with this installed.

Bruno

Bruno 

No CTD here with FSX-SE. I installed and removed the extension three times without this problem. Apparently CTD is only affecting P3D v2.5 users (I read other reports).

On a different note, flight planning is a mess. I was unable to insert a basic three waypoints plan, whereas two of them were resp. the departure and destination airport. For some reason, the middle waypoint was always inserted on the top instead of as expected. In other cases, destination and departure airports were switched. This is obviously a bug and is being also reported by others. I did not even attempt inserting airways.

Moreover, and this is more annoying, the clickspots on the outer/inner FMS knobs, both in PFD and MFS, are now erratic or confusing, no matter whether using VC ot the 2D panel. This appears to be related to the extension and not to the basic version. If there was something that worked pretty well here in 1.2 was this feature. For what I've seen, 1.3 is also OK, so I conclude that this is another bug related to the extension and not to the basic version.

Uninstalled the extension and back to 1.3. At least I can load flight plans from the simulator and add SID/STARs with the help of a bunch of tools. I will submit a ticket.

Yep I'm still glad I didn't buy the E55P!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

CTD here too with Prepar3d 2.5 :/

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

CARENADO NAVIGRAPH EMB505 PHENOM 300 EXTENSION PACK V1.1

Prepar3D user crash to desktop issue FIXED. (it was a memory leak issue in the dll file)

Nothing change for FSX users.

Let us know any issues you could have....

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the package before installing this new version.

hi there, really nice to see carenado fast reaction to the p3d ctd issue.

just a quick question, how do i update the latest navdata for this extenstion?

shall i just install the carenado.exe included in the 1509 navigraph set?

Yes, that is one way. You can also select the Carenado Hawker/S550 package in the Navigraph Manager.

Did anyone else notice a frame rate drop with the Navigraph extension? It appears to me that it has a 5-10 fps impact compared to v1.3 without extension.

Peter

Yes, that is one way. You can also select the Carenado Hawker/S550 package in the Navigraph Manager.

Did anyone else notice a frame rate drop with the Navigraph extension? It appears to me that it has a 5-10 fps impact compared to v1.3 without extension.

Peter

Yeah, I noticed it too.  Definitely a FPS penalty with all the extra stuff.  This is when it becomes really apparent that they should be writing these gauges in C++ and using vector graphics, instead of clunky XML and using hundreds of bitmaps for the elements on the displays.

The P300 was usable on my i7-4790k/GTX980 system in FSX/DX10 before I installed the Navigraph pack (occasional drop in FPS), but now it's pushing the boundary of being too clunky around heavy scenery.

It seems like half of the simmers already can't use Carenado jets due to performance problems, and if they push the avionics any further with this method of development, these add-ons will become unusable for almost all people.

Yeah, I noticed it too.  Definitely a FPS penalty with all the extra stuff.  This is when it becomes really apparent that they should be writing these gauges in C++ and using vector graphics, instead of clunky XML and using hundreds of bitmaps for the elements on the displays.

One major problem I am noticing here with the extension is that it takes an unusual long time to load SID and STARs. When I click on the inner knob to scroll through the options, nothing happens at the first pass. I kinda managed to find a workaround by pressing CLR then calling the Procedures page again. At the second pass I am having all the expected SID or approach options available, however I have to scroll very slowly to give adequate time for the MFD to change the view any time. In other words, there is a major lag.

Does this occur there too?

I can't even get it to fully load the airways and I am just fed up with Carenado I hope that someone does a GTN750 mod for this plane I won't even think about buying anything from Carenado again

It's very frustrating trying to get this to work. I'm reminded of EA and Battlefield 4. You think they would make sure something works before they would release it, wouldn't you?

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

CPU: i7 13700k 3.4ghz MB: MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb RAM:CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz OS: Windows 11 Pro (23H2) SIM VERSION: Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.10 MONITOR(S): LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

One major problem I am noticing here with the extension is that it takes an unusual long time to load SID and STARs. When I click on the inner knob to scroll through the options, nothing happens at the first pass.

Yeah...it is pretty clunky.  In reality, when you turn the inner knob while that field is highlighted, it should pop out a small menu where you can choose the procedure from a list, rather than having to scroll through the available procedures one-by-one.  If they had just implemented the G1000 PROC page correctly, this particular issue would be transparent.  One thing that always makes me laugh at Carenado's G1000 is the notice that appears when you click the PROC button on the PFD... "Please use the MFD for loading procedures"....now that's just lazy on their part!

How do I identify which AIRAC number and dates is actually being used by the G1000 in Phenom 300. Where is the Ident Page?

Scroll to the AUX tab on the MFD, then use the small FMS knob to scroll to the page with the LRU data. On the right-hand side of the screen, you'll see a box that describes the installed database. Mine currently says it expires tomorrow.