Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Navigraph Add on now available for the Carenado Phenom 300

Just to inform you that I contacted Carenado today to report a couple of problems I am having with the Navigraph update extension.

They said that an update for the extension is on the way and they would also look into the bugs I reported.

I have no further details about the other bugs they're fixing nor any indication about the release times.

Enrico,
I am trying to figure out what your problem may be. I guess that it is either due to an incorrect loading of the Navigraph AIRAC cycle or to some kind of mistake you do when typing. Hard to say based on your description. After clicking on FPL and turning the outer knob, are you turning the inner knob too to get the cursor flashing? When you see the cursor flashing, then you can type.

Also, I suggest you for the time being to use the 2D panel (press Shift+3). The data entry in the VC gets sometims stuck (but this only happens in the PROC page), I already reported this to Carenado days ago.

Are you comfortable posting a screenshot or a video? This would help a lot.

Opa!  :brazil-flag: 

That's exactly what's happening, i tried to use the 2D panel but no success too. I installed the extension. I tried a lot of times and i really think the plane isn't being able to load the database :sad:

Enrico,

then you definitely have a problem with your database. You need to reinstall both the base version and the extension. It is a 5 minute process.

1. Before proceeding,  make sure you completely delete the content of the "CarenadoNavigraph" folder in FSX or P3D (in FSX-SE it is under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\CarenadoNavigraph)

2. Then reinstall both the base and the extension package in sequence.

3. I suspect that there is a glitch with the extension that corrupts the carenavigraph.db file in some cases. Several users reported your same problem.

Very important: when you load the aircraft the first time after the reinstall, you should see a window with something like "Building database, please wait". Make sure you do not touch anything before the process is completed. It should require not more than 2-3 minutes. Once the process is completed, the window disappears. Then try to see if your navaids are properly showing on the MFD.

Hope this help.

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.2)
CARENADO NAVIGRAPH EMB505 PHENOM 300 EXTENSION PACK V1.2

Fixes:
- Problem with the Flight Plan when trying to add or modify some waypoints (it was deleted)...
-LOADING message in inset map was showing all the time.
-Some departure procedures shows NONE in the options lists.
-CRS knobs updated.
-Windows order were redefined.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided.

Downloads and installations were increased.
You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Good news and bad news.

Good news

1.The data input into the FMS now works correctly also with the VC FMS knobs, not only with the 2D panel.

2. Loading of SIDs, STARs, transitions, runways and similar looks much more smoother now. The lag that I reported here several times seems to be gone.

3. Possibly as a result of 2., I am also getting higher frames at the same airports I normally use for tests. My two tests resulted so far in surprisingly higher frames. Anyway, I would like to hear some confirmations from other users here, maybe it's only placebo, maybe not.

Bad news

The altitudes for the Approach waypoints are 'flat'. Meaning: the altitude for the first waypoint of the selected approach (IAF or transition, depending on the selected option, for example 6000 feet) is shown also for all the subsequent waypoints. This did not happen with extension 1.1. I loaded the Hawker and the same approach for the same destination airport for a comparison and I noticed that all altitudes in the Approach page were shown correctly.

Can anybody confirm all this?

one link says 1.1 still. Products link shows 1.2.  My account>updates does not show any 1.2 to download.  How do I download this update for P3D ?

EDIT:  i just downloaded it from 'My Products' download and it was 1.2    Had to find that out after the download, there's no version info anywhere.

Good news and bad news.

Good news

1.The data input into the FMS now works correctly also with the VC FMS knobs, not only with the 2D panel.

2. Loading of SIDs, STARs, transitions, runways and similar looks much more smoother now. The lag that I reported here several times seems to be gone.

3. Possibly as a result of 2., I am also getting higher frames at the same airports I normally use for tests. My two tests resulted so far in surprisingly higher frames. Anyway, I would like to hear some confirmations from other users here, maybe it's only placebo, maybe not.

Bad news

The altitudes for the Approach waypoints are 'flat'. Meaning: the altitude for the first waypoint of the selected approach (IAF or transition, depending on the selected option, for example 6000 feet) is shown also for all the subsequent waypoints. This did not happen with extension 1.1. I loaded the Hawker and the same approach for the same destination airport for a comparison and I noticed that all altitudes in the Approach page were shown correctly.

Can anybody confirm all this?

Yep, same issue here, not only waypoints, but with both SIDS & STARS, All flat.  I may just roll back to 1.1   i'm not changing every single ALT setting for every sid, waypoint & star, forget that, call me lazy, lol.

Thank you, Tvegas.

What about my 'good points'? Have you also noticed any improved smoothness and/or higher frames while in the VC? I am just curious, because I made a couple of tests at KTVL and SBRJ and it was pretty clear here. But, as said, maybe it was just placebo effect.

Yep, same issue here, not only waypoints, but with both SIDS & STARS, All flat.  I may just roll back to 1.1   i'm not changing every single ALT setting for every sid, waypoint & star, forget that, call me lazy, lol.

You're not lazy, you are not supposed to change those altitudes manually. This is why we bought the extension in first place! :-)

I will open a ticket, I was only waiting for someone to confirm the bug. I am positive that this is an easy fix, but I am afraid they are pretty busy with providing P3D V3 installers at the moment.

Thank you, Tvegas.

What about my 'good points'? Have you also noticed any improved smoothness and/or higher frames while in the VC? I am just curious, because I made a couple of tests at KTVL and SBRJ and it was pretty clear here. But, as said, maybe it was just placebo effect.

You're not lazy, you are not supposed to change those altitudes manually. This is why we bought the extension in first place! :-)

I will open a ticket, I was only waiting for someone to confirm the bug. I am positive that this is an easy fix, but I am afraid they are pretty busy with providing P3D V3 installers at the moment.

Yeah, it seemed smoother to me in the cockpit. Sim frames seemed better but I was not at a paid airport when testing, just a stock one. 

I sure hope they get the P3D v3 installers out, i'm still chomping at the bit to get those !  

I'm using 1.1 with P3Dv3, used the migration tool, but getting CTD everytime, when practicing approaches around flightbeam's KSFO HD.  Still waiting for their new v3 installers.

Trying to re-install v1.2 to test but now getting error: 403, serial number exceeded number of installs.

I submitted a ticket but now stuck with no Nav Ext.  Guess this bird is parked for the moment.

When I submitted a ticket to report the bug in the extension 1.2 (wrong altitudes in the Proc page for departures and approaches), they replied that this should not require a lot of time. They suggested that a new version would be released soon.

Since then, however, nothing happened.

I guess that due to the high number of P3D users requesting for an installer in short times, they ended up giving this priority. Too bad.

I don't know where to begin so ......Here is my problem: I have installed Careando's Phenom 300 and I do like the plane and its features so I bought and installed the navigraph add on. I can't figure out how to activitate it. Using FSX SE and windows 10. I sure don't see any reference to adding sids and stars. I do see in the FSX-SE root folder Careando Navigraph. I also have a subscription with navigraph and have updated all Careando products to the latest Navigraph 1601 revision. The text below is from the installation doc for the add-on. I was never prompted to run or don't run and there is no new Navigraph G1000 Manual.

Help

Important:  First time you use the aircraft in FSX you may be prompted to "Run" or "Don't Run" by the Microsoft Security Alert System, just ignore it and click "Run" to install the gauges. Then click on "Yes" in the next dialog window. Repeat this sequence every time that window appears (this will depend on how many gauges has the aircraft)

There is a new document (Navigraph G1000 Manual.pdf) added to the original document folder which is inside a folder called "Carenado" which is in the FSX or P3D root folder.

My story is a little different...I have the Carenado Phenom 300 with the Navigraph extension...

I have downloaded the latest update versions of both programs into C:\fsx directory...After updating my AIRAC to the latest version 1707, it will take several hours before anything will happen when updating the Navigraph database...I have attempted to totally un-install both programs and re-install into C:\fsx directory, however that didn't help...I even re-built the fsx.cfg files that didn't improve anything...I have all the PMDG aircraft and have not one problem with the frame rates..With Carenado I move the joystick hat to change positions inside the aircraft, and between 3 to 5 seconds it will change....No problems doing this with the other aircraft, so it's NOT my computer which is a "gaming" machine...Normally the Frame rate for the Carenado is working about 6 or 7 fps...All the other aircraft in my collection run way above 30 fps....So something is wrong...Not being a computer geek, I have no idea why?

Bob A

Bob Adams