Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Project Cars 40% Off

Looks good. How is this title? I've been driving on iRacing on and off for a couple of years now. How does it compares?

Looks good. How is this title? I've been driving on iRacing on and off for a couple of years now. How does it compares?

To be honest i don't know,  judging by the reviews, videos and comments its said to be the best car Sim out for the PC.  Graphically its a very polished game with great weather effects and so on,  due to this it can be a heavy game on the auld FPS.  Great value at 29 Euro  :smile:

Thank you for sharing. I went ahead and bought it.

Good stuff, let us know what you think,  i'm thinking ill get it before the sale ends,  ends in 28 hours 

Having bought Project Cars and played it for a few hours I can say that a robust flight sim build (i7 4770K @ 4.8ghz, 2 x OCe'd, SLI'd GTX 780's) can pump out 50fps @ 720 x 50hz at max display setting very nicely. This title is very reminiscent and has the same level of Awesomeness as Simbins much heralded GTR2 except with way updated graphics and realism. I am sure that is what the Dev. was aiming for. The little hint is that they used the music from GTR2. Very Cool. So the conclusion is "Best Racing Sim since GTR2". Get it while it is on sale. It's a great buy!

BTW I have a logitech G27. I think you will need a good wheel and peddles to really enjoy this!

Thanks Dutch. I do have a G27 and have raced iRacing on and off and Asetto Corsa. Still downloading the 16Gb file.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was in the mood for something new, and as I haven't raced a virtual car since Geoff Crammond's Formula 1, I bought Project Cars. The visuals are spectacular. Looking forward to the Le Mans 24 Hour race ( might manage 20 minutes of it ) and not killing myself on the old Nurburgring -  at 14.2 miles per lap, that's what I call a race track ! :wink:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Great, thanks for the feedback.   I purchased myself this morning,  haven't downloaded it yet,  look forward to some weekend touring.  

Ill be playing on an X-Box controller.  Just looking a the G27 there,  wow there still really expensive,  including fast delivery + import taxes  402 Euro.  Might pick one up second hand, i don't think my credit can handle any more abuse 

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1442261640&sr=1-1&keywords=g27

wow there still really expensive

I have a G27 because I was a hard core Sim Racer. Before that I had a G25 and before that I had a logitech MOMO. I was always more of sim racer than a flight Simmer. I always found FS very frustrating and Sim racing with GTR 2 very rewarding. Only got back into flight sim after the i7 4770k and the GTX 780 came along and FSX became fluid with mutliple addons and high setting and then came along P3D V2 and it being getting better ever since.

Anyway I digress, my point is you don't need to spend a pile of money on a G27 unless you plan to get real serious about Sim Racing. If you can find a new MOMO or an excellent condition used one that will deliver very nicely for a casual or beginner racing sim driver.

Well thanks to Poppet I'm hooked :-D This sim is great. Great graphics and the rain effect is amazing. Fluid on my i7 4790k and GTX 970.

Getting hooked here too. I just bought the DLC that gives you, amongst others, two Bentleys - the Continental and their Le Mans-winning Speed 8.

I'm pleasantly surprised that a Saitek X52 Pro stick seems to work well enough. I've got the car's in-game throttle mapped to pushing the stick forward, and the brakes to pulling the stick back. It seems to work well enough to stay out of the gravel run-offs - mostly. The graphics are superb, even with my modest Nvidia GTX 650ti.

Money well spent. :smile:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I might be tempted, but I am heavily into Assetto Corsa (over 900 hours since August 2014). I have a Logitech G27, and it's a very nice piece of kit. I got it earlier this year when my four years old G25 failed. I have been sim racing online since October 2007 (GT Legends/GTR2/Power & Glory 3/Assetto Corsa), and my racing username is Mogget.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png