Sign in to follow this  
lloyd.boyette

LAT/LONG

Good afternoon all.

I apologize if this has already been covered. I did a search and didn't come up with the answer I was looking for.

I've been a PMDG user for years and understand the basic LAT/LONG entries. This one I don't know how to put in. In a recent flight from SFO to YVR the used flightplan was TRUKN2 DEDHD RBL 4407N 12213W PAE GRIZZ5.

My question is, how do I enter the 4407N 12213W ?

Thanks guys. 

It's in the FCOM pg 11.31.19 and there is a custom waypoints guide (dated but not incorrect) in PMDG Knowledge Base here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a59/fmc-custom-waypoint-entry-notes.aspx

N DD MM.m W DDD MM.m enter on LEGS page as NDDMMmWDDDMMm without decimal points. Your example is N44070W122130

Dan Downs KCRP

N4407W12213.

That does not work. "INVALID ENTRY"

It's in the FCOM pg 11.31.19 and there is a custom waypoints guide (dated but not incorrect) in PMDG Knowledge Base here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a59/fmc-custom-waypoint-entry-notes.aspx

N DD MM.m W DDD MM.m enter on LEGS page as NDDMMmWDDDMMm without decimal points. Your example is N44070W122130

Using the Long Formula it still doesn't take. Neither N4407W12213 or N44070W122130 take. Says "INVALID ENTRY"

Says "INVALID ENTRY"

You entering on a LEGS page or RTE page? Be sure you are on a LEGS page.

Dan Downs KCRP

You entering on a LEGS page or RTE page? Be sure you are on a LEGS page.

I've entered on both pages just to make sure. I can send screenshots if needed. Thanks Dan

Well Lloyd, I've fired up my 737 and have the same problem. Invalid Entry no matter what I enter for manual lat/lon no matter how I hold my tongue. I can enter N29W095 alright but trying to add any minutes fails.  I'm stumped.

Dan Downs KCRP

Glad to see I am not the only one. Thanks for the attempt. I will be curious to see what the NGX developers have to say if they respond. Do you think I should put in an official support ticket?

Well, now it is working.  N2938.7W09516.7 entered as expected.  All I did was finish something else I was working on, restart P3D with NGX at a gate and start entering manual lat/lon waypoints beginning with an exact replica of the example in the FCOM.  Note that the decimal points are required, as mentioned in the FCOM unless full degrees all positions must be filled. I forgot about the decimal point.  That knowledge base article probably needs updating LOL.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, now it is working.  N2938.7W09516.7 entered as expected.  All I did was finish something else I was working on, restart P3D with NGX at a gate and start entering manual lat/lon waypoints beginning with an exact replica of the example in the FCOM.  Note that the decimal points are required, as mentioned in the FCOM unless full degrees all positions must be filled. I forgot about the decimal point.  That knowledge base article probably needs updating LOL.

So in my example. How would that be inputted?

Actually, sorry. Disregard that last question. I entered it as N4407.0W12213.0 and it took as WPT1. Thanks for all the help Dan. I really appreciate your time. :)

So in my example. How would that be inputted?

Best memory item for this is to go to your POS INIT page. Look at the way your position is formatted there and use that as a format for any long-form positions.

Kyle Rodgers

Best memory item for this is to go to your POS INIT page

+1

Dan Downs KCRP