Sign in to follow this  

Hello Guyz,

I know this may sound a repetitive question for you all but given the huge amount of changes happening the Gaming world with the arrival of Win10 and the many new Processors being released from Intel, blah blah blah, etc,. I wanted to know the optimum configuration an FSX installation requires as i am thinking of migrating from FS9 to FSX.My queries are:

1) Which OS is most optimum

2) Which Graphic cards is necessary to get atleast 30 FPS at Ultra High settings.

3) Which Processor is recommended.

4) Amount of Hard Disk necessary to take into account all the future MODS that i will be installing.

Many more points that may be required to get a Decent experience with FSX . Any help is welcome.

Cheers,

Swapnil 

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

1) Windows 7 64bit

2) Nvidia with at least 2 GB ram

3) i7 4790k

4) 500 GB would be sufficient for FSX, with SSD for operating system

All the best

Marko

I just got a new computer, going from a 4770 and 780Ti to a 6700 and 980Ti, and the increase is astounding. I know a new install and Windows 10 are playing a part, but I can now fly the A2A 180 through Aerosoft Manhattan and never dip below 40fps, staying above 50fps most of the time. Previously I was getting 20-24fps there. The fps on Orbx scenery like Blue Canyon or Squamish is even higher. I get virtually no stutters. I am using FSX:SE.

Your mileage may vary, but I am very, very pleased.

- Bill Magann

Sorry guys that i was not able to reply and due to the issue with some multiple IP's and some other bugs associated with it i was banned but finally got exonerated is a great feeling and thank you for your opinion. But i must say 500GB is one huge chunk of a Hard Disk when the total HDD is just about 1TB............lolz.

Swapnil Sirdeshpande