Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

What Flight Sims are you Running?

Out of the politics or whatever, and back to Ryan's thread...

Checking Steam's hours reporting, since I have both FSX:SE and XP10 installed through there, and it keeps track of hours regardless of whether I'm using my laptop or my desktop.  These hours are since mid-June, prior to that I was using only FSX boxed.

FSX:SE: 9 hours.

XP10: 277 hours.

What this tells me is that I've been spending a LOT of time with scenery development in XP.  Probably half that XP time is time spent with XP running in the background while I'm in either WED or Sketchup.  But that aside, it also tells me that even though on the surface I'm still telling myself that I'm using both sims, I'm really only flying X-Plane...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Sounds like a nice little story you've made up. Lol.

Well, you can pretend what you did didn't happen, but if you read Jim's post it's clear it's not made up.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm still running FSX but am intrigued with P3D but have not made the move yet until I see what v3 has in store.

I'm also interested in XP but am so fat out of the loop as too what is needed addon wise to make it look the best, plus converting FS9 and FSX sceneries to work in it sounds like a lot of work. Since a lot of my FSX sceneries have P3D installers available for no extra cost, I'll probably go that route at some point.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hehehe,

I dunno about you all guys, but for me the grand old lady of flightsimming "FS2004" is the greatest flightsim of all times . 

No CTD's , no freezes, no drama. Smooth like the legs of a hot seductress.

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

Presently only XP10 and Aerowinx PSX. They combine perfectly, and can both also be used standalone.

Will consider a re-install of DCS when version 1.5 ( already X11 ) becomes available.

But I did buy P3Dv2, and was very well impressed by it's overall performance and graphics, and have been using combat flightsims mostly before settling up with XP10 and PSX only.

By far DCS World and IL2 BoS offer me, out of the box, the most credible and enjoyable flight dynamics, but I strongly believe XP10 aircraft can be tuned to a very high level of detail and quality, the kind I get on those combat sims...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If we all thought FSX/P3D/X-Plane were "silly flying games", most of us wouldn't be using them. For the record I am 100% P3D (v2.4 at the moment).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I use FSX-SE.

Before that FSX.

I am seriously considering getting DCS' A-10C Warthog and the Nevada map.

I wish I had more time to invest in a lot of different flight sims.

IL-2 Looks incredible too.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Here I use FSX most of the time (~75%). But over the last year I've been getting increasingly involved in flying in DCS (~25%) especially after getting the Flaming Cliffs 3 module.

However, I'm currently considering other platforms as I estimate that in 1-2 years FSX will be obsolete, for me at least. I'm seriously considering X-Plane as my next sim. Falcon 4 BMS is another one on my radar but I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon as I'm still learning the basics of air-air combat in DCS.

100% FSX Acceleration DX9

Ran a month of P3Dv2.5 - nice, but didn't convince me it was worth the trouble yet.

Tried a demo of XP - hated everything about it - a totally irrational response I am sure, but there you are...

Running P3D 2.5 and XP10.....only got XP10 a month ago...and I have to say I am really impressed. Once I got out of the "this is not FSX" mindset, it is quite a good sim with some very good aircraft, and more to come.

So at the moment I am dividing my civilian flight time 50-50 between P3D and XP....and for military, DCS does just nicely....it took me 2 years to master the Huey!

100% of my time on P3D. 700+ logged hrs on it this year. Only because I got hurt at work and had to have back surgery. I have all three platforms but I love how P3D isn't so taxing on my cpu. I can run multiple programs simultaneously, nav, flight plan, weather engine software with high graphics and it still runs nice and smooth.

I'm interested in Virtual Pilot 3D, but haven't bitten the bullet yet. It looks ok but the only stuff I find on it seems to be seller propaganda. No unbiased reviews. For the price, the features, number of included aircraft and fully interactive cockpits (every button is clickable and is functional). Reminds me of the "Fly!" series which was an awesome platform.

100% FS9.x ......because I'm worth it. :BigGrin:

And because you create fantastic panels!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |