Sign in to follow this  
AJT1967

MyTraffic 2013 Question

Hi community,

In recent times, I've noticed that with my FSX install (to it's own dedicated SSD) it reaches a point of around 60-70% full where my frame rates really start to suffer. At this time, I cannot afford to upgrade my system, so I've decided to effectively change the way I fly.

Usually, I do fresh installs based around different world regions. Currently I have most of my scenery set up for the U.K and Western Europe, and I do relatively short flights in 737 and Avro RJ type aircraft.

Today, I intend to modify my sim. I'm going to remove most of my large payware airports, as well as my airliners, and concentrate on exploring small airfields in the United Kingdom, mostly using GA types. I'm assuming that if I do this (with a new FSX config) I might get some acceptable frame rates back, which leads me to my original question:

I know that the ai traffic makes a big hit on frames, and currently I am running MyTraffic 2013. I must admit that I have mainly run with defaults, and not got to know the program so well. So, can somebody tell me please if it's possible to use the program to run only GA traffic please? If possible, I would like all of the airliners and "fast movers" to be gone. I know that this may detract from realism, but I just want to practice my GA stuff, that's all.

Also, I recall seeing a graphic in the past; it displayed an FSX world scenery "grid". I would like to find this again so that I can disable areas I will not be flying into. Can anybody help with this too?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

i'm not entirely sure as I'm not at my dedicated sim computer however I do have something quite simple you can try. As My Traffic is just providing AI Aircraft textures and routes for them to fly, FSX is still controlling how many AI aircraft you see. I would think if you were to go to your FSX settings, click the Traffic tab and slide the Airline Traffic density slider to 0% and then move your General aviation traffic density slider to the appropriate setting that suits your needs. Hopefully this will give you no commercial and only GA as you would like. 

It is also highly recommended to use this freeware Traffic Optimizer alongside My Traffic if you don't already do so. This will significantly improve your frame rates while running My Traffic. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?