Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

My XP10 Duke Mini Review

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the little write up Ryan.  It looks really nice.  I'm torn, since the RA Duke was the only thing I re-installed in my fresh copy of FSX, and I was taking it for tours just for something different to fly.  But I'll likely pick it up sooner rather than later.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Great mini review Ryan,

I picked this up this morning and had a short flight with it. I agree with your review.  I don't think this will ever be my favorite plane for X-plane, but it is a good solid model with no glaring bugs that I can see. Its just nothing really cutting edge or "wow" about it. If your a fan of the Duke, its a must have.

Rob

Great review Ryan!

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks.

I've subsequently found quite a few large bugs (imo - mostly related to the gauges/navigation stuff like reverse sensing HSI and no glideslope pointers!)  But Rob has been very kind and mentioning he'll try to fix them all

I'm starting to look at the turbine version.  It looks like the cockpits are too "shared" between the two.  Things like power lever labeling is the same (the red condition knobs in the turbine are labeled high idle and low idle on both the piston and turbine hehe (they'd be rich and lean in a piston).  Obviously there are a lot of similar features but it appears to save time (and money) some corners were cut.  The price is pretty cheap though.  I'd easily pay 40-50 bucks for the two if the bugs were all squished and the differences between the two were made correct.  40-50 bucks in XP addon world is a lot so that's saying something.

As for engine failures... I failed my left engine and I had a little bit of foot work and raising the wing to do to correct.  I'm not into the science of XP10 so I'm not sure on the torque roll stuff.

More screenshots of the T Duke here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/474837-xp10-turbine-duke/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bought it last night...piston engine sounds need improvements, not a deal breaker though. That said, what more do I want if I got the two variants (piston and turbine) for only $26, purchase was well worth it.

I'm sure eventually all bugs/sounds will be fixed/improved.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On the fence yet... Waiting for some promised patches then good to go. My buying queue is now ruined... Alabeo just released the Corvalis for FSX, so I'll have to move down the Duke and the CT182T for X-Plane.

Alexander Colka

The developer has chimed in at the org forums - he will fix the stuff as it is reported (if it is a bug)

There are many bugs.

Kinda feels like an open beta. This guy makes nice modeled aircraft but doesn't know basics like the marks on an attitude indicator.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

There's a patch out v1.02 which fixes some things - still a few things missing though

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |