Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Important advice between the i7s 6700K or 5930K !

Hi guys

I've get very narrowed between this two CPUs.....

For the using, i use the P3D 2.5 (( in windowed mode )) with my home cockpit (( 7 monitors )) and too mush USBs and a couple of external programs as PFPX/ FSGRW/ REX4/ EFB/ JeeHell STB intruments/ Pro ATC X etc.

To be honest i'm leaning towards the 6 core CPU because i've read before its more comfortable in processing of the heavy softwares (like P3D as i know)..

Is it will give more FPS in the heavy sceneries & heavy aircraft like PMDG737 ?

Does the hexa core CPU will beat away any 4 core CPU in the competition of P3D processing and its very heavy addons?

Sooooo many people adviced me toward the 6700K as its the best i7 produced for gaming right now as they said...

Is that really a true ?? i mean does the 6700K do the job to a degree of better than the 5930K do ( or any hexa core CPU ) with the heavy use of the P3D ?

I am getting too narrowed between them and really i need the proper advice as i'm not routenly PC upgradble person.

If important : i'll use the CPU with 8GB of Rams & GTX980 ti with (Nvidia ns450 or 550 as a multimonitor GPU).

Thx

Those extra two cores can offload other pc tasks and leave more available headroom for p3d. The first round of benchmarks on the i7-6700k are pretty uninspiring , especially vs. The 4790k. My best guess is the 5930k is the better option if those are your only two choices.

More cores = lower overclock I would say, due to more heat.

And there's more to Skylake than just performance, there are other advantages.

If it's true that you would be overclocking lower, then that might counter any advantage of the 5930K's extra cores.

Just a thought, I'm no P3D or 5930K expert.

Agree Martin, and the Ipc avantage better memcontroller.

The 5930 is a poor overclocker 4.3-4.4 vs 4.6-4.7 for 6700k and 10% better Ipc.

Am still say that the 6 cores R more easable and comfertable in heavy data processing than 4 cores.

More activities guys, come in !!!!

Amd Fx8350 has 8 cores not performance well...

Have only one X99 CPU a 5960x had 5820 and 5930 sold them.

No one of them performed better than a 5ghz 4670k in heavy conditions.

TechGuy migrated to a 4770k from 5960x .

This is not in regard to overcloking, but an interesting article all the same...

In most situations, the i7 6700K should be anywhere from 1% to 10% faster than the i7 4790K. In some applications (like Linpack) we saw a significant decrease in performance but at the moment we believe that is an issue with the software rather than an actual performance problem.

We saw some of the most significant performance improvements in Lightroom and Photoshop. Most of the Lightroom actions we tested saw a small 1.5-3% increase in performance, but the 15% increase in performance when exporting images is very significant. In Photoshop, some of the effects we tested saw even greater performance improvements - up to 16.7 percent! Even better, the move to DDR4 RAM means that you do not need to use the slower (for Photoshop at least) socket 2011 CPUs if you need more than 32GB of system RAM since the Skylake-S platform supports up to 64GB of RAM.

Overall, Skylake-S as a platform is very, very good. Most of the specification changes are pretty subtle (with the exception of the move to DDR4) but we were impressed with the lower power draw and temperature of the i7 6700K compared to the i7 4790K. Unless you are a professional Photoshop or Lightroom user, the performance improvements likely won't merit upgrading from Haswell to Skylake-S, but if you are in the market for a new system we see little reason to not use Skylake-S.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Haswell-vs-Skylake-S-i7-4790K-vs-i7-6700K-641/#Conclusion

Here, the 6700K at 4.4 GHz beats the 4790K in all games they tested ...

Here, 6700k wins again at 4.6 GHz. Not by a huge margin, but it is ahead. We do of course need to compare the two in FSX...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-intel-skylake-core-i7-6700k-review

Even so when looking at average frame-rates in titles where we are truly CPU-bound for the majority of the duration, there are some notable results: in GTA 5, the 6700K is 20 per cent faster than the 4790K,

Those extra two cores can offload other pc tasks and leave more available headroom for p3d. The first round of benchmarks on the i7-6700k are pretty uninspiring , especially vs. The 4790k. My best guess is the 5930k is the better option if those are your only two choices.

Yeah I don't know what you've been reviewing but there is a stepped advantage going to the 6700k. I would say it's the best core for price processor going and is definitely performing better than the 5920.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Yeah I don't know what you've been reviewing but there is a stepped advantage going to the 6700k. I would say it's the best core for price processor going and is definitely performing better than the 5920.

Wow, guess the real world tests are putting benchmarks to shame then. Is the article in the post above where you are getting your info, or is there another source I can see this in?

Lucky to find a 5ghz 6700k it eat my Golden 4770k in evry part ...

The Haswell-E is a BIG flop for flightsim , Its my personal opinion.

Not all of you have test all CPUs from Sandy up to Skylake..

I have even tested sandy-e Ivy-E 4960x and Haswell -E 5820 5930 5960X

The nr1 for me is 6700k with fast mems , hope to have a Trident-Z 4000mhz set son.

The new AFR is blistering fast.

And the 4790k Dont beat a 6700k even with slow mems , to run a skylake with 2133mhz mems is the sama as run a Haswell 4790k with 1333mhz a run my 4770k 2800mhz cl10.

To get a Skylake to shine in FSX P3D you need at least a minimum 3000mhz cl15ki not the other crap.

DDR4 3400 with Z170 chipset on motherboard.  Skylake requires new LGA1151 socket motherboard.

Art