Sign in to follow this  
DreamAero

Need help downloading 737NGX Service Pack 1d

Hello,

I reside in India and I need help downloading the update Service Pack 1d that will make PMDG 737NGX compatible with the FSX Steam Edition. I own a boxed edition of  PMDG 737 Ngx, which I bought online from Flight 4 Fantasy (through Flipkart India Limited). To download the service update from the PMDG support download section I need to open an account. I tried to open but it is asking me for my order no. which we get from PMDG when we place the order. But I have not bought it from PMDG directly, so how will I be able to open the account and download the service update 1d. I need your help in this regard. Please guide me.

All help appreciated.

Regards

Zahed Bangdiwalla

SP1D is in incorporated in a full installer, The boxed version is published by Aerosoft . Download the full installer from -  http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&dl=VWRWowAEoXyW12Hn4XuNt4TcwT1CPwKBld5Z5Wa5ek5Tf5zUUjSjfuOKS2G7RJOxXlhV1sI1MNnNIPTDBnleXQ%3D%3D. You will need the key from the DVD box to perform the download. Install the download per directions in post #1 of this thread - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/

• Upvote 2

Thanks Michael... I will try that on Sunday  :smile:  Thank you very very much Sir.

FSX Steam..........here I come  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Regards

Zahed Bangdiwalla

I tried the download link to Aerosoft (above post), but it keeps telling me the key is incorrect. I downloaded my NGX from PMDG website. What am I doing wrong? Is the downloadable file on PMDG website version SP1d?

All I wat to do is update from SP1c to SP1d. I cannot seem to find SDK/control codes for the weather radar control panel pushbuttons on center console/aft electronics.

Thanks for any help with this,  Larry

UPDATE; Since I cannot delete this post, I am editing it. I just realized I already have SP1d installed. Just need control code info for weather radar panel if anyone knows where to find the info.

Larry Cox

UPDATE; Since I cannot delete this post, I am editing it. I just realized I already have SP1d installed. Just need control code info for weather radar panel if anyone knows where to find the info.

What do you mean when you say "control code for weather radar panel?"

The weather radar currently only works if you have ASN installed. All you need to do is have ASN installed and press the WXR button above the nav display. Of course, you also need to be in/around precipitation for it to show anything.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I mean I have the actual PANEL installed in my center/aft electronics panel. I need the PMDG SDK codes so I can assign FSUIPC assignments to the panel buttons so I can use the panel in my flight simulator without using the mouse. Now that the panel is fuctional with PMGD 737, I cannot seem to find the information in SDK for inputs required.

I am NOT refering to the EFIS PANEL, but the actual "Weather Radar Control Panel" on aft center electronics console".

I know this is probably the wrong place to continue this conversation...I am SORRY before I get yelled at...

I would post a picture of my panel here but this forum will not allow me to do so.

Larry Cox

I mean I have the actual PANEL installed in my center/aft electronics panel. I need the PMDG SDK codes so I can assign FSUIPC assignments to the panel buttons so I can use the panel in my flight simulator without using the mouse. Now that the panel is fuctional with PMGD 737, I cannot seem to find the information in SDK for inputs required.

I am NOT refering to the EFIS PANEL, but the actual "Weather Radar Control Panel" on aft center electronics console".

I know this is probably the wrong place to continue this conversation...I am SORRY before I get yelled at...

I would post a picture of my panel here but this forum will not allow me to do so.

Larry,

I see what you mean now. I don't think those are accessible via the SDK at the moment. This is mostly because we wrote the SDK when it was released, and the weather radar was added as a quick addition when we updated the installers for FSX:SE and P3D (years later), which meant that we really didn't get into the depths of code to update much else. Since we plan on adding a 737 to our upcoming sim center, I'm guessing that this will be added at some point so that we can control it on our own hardware as well.

Kyle Rodgers

Since we plan on adding a 737 to our upcoming sim center. . .

Since PMDG and NGX have become almost synonymous with 737, I'm surprised you didn't start there.

;-)

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Hi friends,

Due to work commitment I was not able to access my FSX PC for a very long time. I did not  yet download the 737ngx steam installer service pack 1D as I am waiting for my other bird (Concorde X) to become steam compatible. I plan to completely migrate to FSX Steam and set aside the box version. So I will install both the birds into steam and then start afresh once the Concorde X becomes steam compatible.

I have a question relating 737 NGX .

My Query for NGX is: After I install the 737 NGX installer service pack 1D will it permanently remain associated with my steam account like other steam games do or will I have to keep on reinstalling it every time I format my PC or so?.

I own the boxed version of the NGX.

Happy Flying, :-)

Zahed Bangdiwalla

My Query for NGX is: After I install the 737 NGX installer service pack 1D will it permanently remain associated with my steam account like other steam games do or will I have to keep on reinstalling it every time I format my PC or so?.

We do not distribute via Steam, which means it will not be associated with your account through them. You will need to go to our site and get a new installer each time.

I must say, though, that pervasive idea in the community - that reformatting your computer regularly somehow boosts performance - is actually mostly just a waste of time. The initial performance gains are simply because you haven't installed a ton of software back on it yet. Performance is based primarily on your hard disk, processor, and GPU speeds. Reformatting simply accelerates wear on your HD, which, over time, serves to decrease performance more than anything.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

You will need to go to our site and get a new installer each time.

He would need to download that from Aerosoft and not PMDG since he has a boxed NGX. Is that correct or incorrect?
  • Upvote 1

He would need to download that from Aerosoft and not PMDG since he has a boxed NGX. Is that correct or incorrect?

Correct. Guess it would've helped if I kept reading all the way to the end.

Kyle Rodgers