Sign in to follow this  
Àngel Vallejo Duarri

Request Runway on Clearance

Hi, I am trying the VoxAtc demo, and I did not find and answer for the next question,

Is there a possibility to request a diferent runway when requesting clearance? I am only able to request a runway change when requesting taxi instructions, but the problem is that the clearance controller assigned me a STAR for the broadcasted ATIS runway, and when requesting a change to ground control, the assigned STAR remains the same.

I read the manual, but does not says nothing about that. Am I forgetting something?

Another question that has nothing to do with the above, Is there some way to skip some readbacks pressing a key from the keyboard? Sometimes I found myself dealing with the FMS when the controller give me an instruction, and I just do not want to stop programing the FMS to speak the readback and it would be useful to have and option to readback pressing a key, like the old way in FSX, just as an emergency method while receiving easy instrucions or simple because you have a bad day and do not want to repeat twice a readback when ATC says Last aircraft say again.

Thanks in advance

Angel

Hello Angel,

If you deal with the FMS I guess you fly IFR ? If yes ask to your copilot (key "k" then press the key you use to speak) to readback to ATC.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

on a similar note is possible to ask for the approach when you receive the star .Can be a pain when I guess wrong and set my fmc wronf don't know how things are done in the real world

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

on a similar note is possible to ask for the approach when you receive the star .Can be a pain when I guess wrong and set my fmc wronf don't know how things are done in the real world

You can only request a different runway after contacting approach. So I am afraid it is not possible.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205