Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Won't connect

Not sure it this product is still supported judging from the date of last post but I got the download and when pressing the connect button with FSX running nothing happens.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Paul.

Thanks for trying Pilot2ATC.

Sounds like you may not have FSUIPC installed.  You'll need to download and install the free version in order for Pilot2ATC to connect to FSX or P3D.  A link and instructions are in the Pilot2ATC User Guide that should have downloaded with the product and can be found in the Pilot2ATC/Documents folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Dave 

Thanks, that was the problem. I also downloaded XPUIPC for X Plane and it works as well. 

I have to ask an odd question because I know this program is all about talking the AI but can I use it without talking,,,maybe just listening?

I really like it because it works with both sims and as far as I can see is very detailed on flightplan setup. I am not sure how to work it yet but it looks amazing.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

Glad you got it working.

Yes, you can use it without the ATC talking features.  You can create flight plans, export and load, etc.  The moving map will keep track of where you are, etc and the autopilot, radio panel, etc. make it easier to control these SIM features...all without the talk.  I often use it for just the moving map feature when practicing landings, etc.

Of course, the ATC controllers are there if you want/need them.  You can ask them for winds or altimeter, without using them for taxi, takeoff, etc.

Enjoy,

Dave

I do like the flight planning feature and coms and nav freq features. Does is export the plans in a format for X Plane (think it is the Airbus format).

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes, it can export to x-plane fms file format and then you can load into the aircraft FMS if it has one or the GPS if it's capable. Just use the Export button on the flight plan panel and specify .fms as the file name extension.

Saves a lot of time and hassle.

Dave