Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

LINDA Development Winter 2015 - Suggestions and Issues

As LINDA users will be aware I have let the real world get in the way of LINDA development and support.  This busy period should come to an end towards the end of Oct 15.  Please use this thread to lodge any suggestions for improvements and to raise any issues users are experiencing with LINDA 2.6.3.  Even you have been in touch with me please post a detailed description of the problem and how to reproduce it.  I cannot promise that everything will be included but it will allow me to assess the workload.

Note: LINDA 2.6.4 has been issued to fix a problem with odd characters on the VRI Combo 2 (Boeing) panel and may fix some Range Check error reports.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Please investigate and hopefully figure out a fix to the problem of FS2Crew and Majestic Q400 sound cutout problem.

The problem is if you use FS2Crew with the Q400 when you startup LINDA and the MCPII panel, the sound files from FS2Crew cut in and out.  The co-pilot will hear you talk and go through his checklists but the sound from his checklists will start and stop.  I believe the FO does complete all of his actions so this is strickly a sound issue.  I did email you a copy of the Q400 SDK and if you can't find, please let me know and I will resend.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

OK Andrew,

switched to this thread.

It seems, that P3D and FSX handle LINDA in a different way.

No Problem in FSX to terminate the new version, everything OK.

In P3D I allways have problems tó terminate the Linda-Prozess,

i.E. LINDA does never end, when autoloaded starting P3D after ending P3D, LINDA always was active on the Screen.

In FSX no such problem.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

OK Andrew,

switched to this thread.

i.E. LINDA does never end, when autoloaded starting P3D after ending P3D, LINDA always was active on the Screen.

In FSX no such problem.

I've seen that with P3D but hadn't thought it to be a problem.  I will add it to the list.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

In P3D Modul PMDG 737NGX V3.3 no display info like flaps etc on my MCP1 anymore (I know, if receiving issues use Version 1.# :-) but it works in V2.6.3 V2

Only Speed, HDG and ALT on the left display.

I'll try NGX-Modul 3.4

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

OK Andrew,

switched to this thread.

In FSX no such problem.

Hi Roland

I have managed some time to look at the problem you reported of LINDA not terminating on the exit of P3D.  This is connected to FSUIPC4.ini set up issue and not LINDA.  This probably explains why it is working with FSX and and not P3D.  The fix is as follows:

1. Locate the FSUIPC4.INI file in P3D/modules and open in text editor.
  2. Find entry [Programs] and line similar to RunIf1=C:\P3D\modules\linda.exe.
  3. Edit entry to read RunIf1=KILL,C:\P3D\modules\linda.exe.
  4. Save FSIPC4.INI.

Information of the programs options can be found in the FSUIPC4 advanced user manual.  Other utilities like ASN can be started and stopped with additional line entries.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

A fix for touch screens :smile:

ZORAN

Please investigate and hopefully figure out a fix to the problem of FS2Crew and Majestic Q400 sound cutout problem.

The problem is if you use FS2Crew with the Q400 when you startup LINDA and the MCPII panel, the sound files from FS2Crew cut in and out. The co-pilot will hear you talk and go through his checklists but the sound from his checklists will start and stop. I believe the FO does complete all of his actions so this is strickly a sound issue. I did email you a copy of the Q400 SDK and if you can't find, please let me know and I will resend.

+1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

A fix for touch screens :smile:

You will have to give me more clues to what you mean.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have managed some time to look at the problem you reported of LINDA not terminating on the exit of P3D.  This is connected to FSUIPC4.ini set up issue and not LINDA.  This probably explains why it is working with FSX and and not P3D.  The fix is as follows:

Locate the FSUIPC4.INI file in P3D/modules and open in text editor.

Find entry [Programs] and line similar to RunIf1=C:\P3D\modules\linda.exe.

Edit entry to read RunIf1=KILL,C:\P3D\modules\linda.exe.

Save FSIPC4.INI.

Hi Andrew,

that fixed the problem when Linda is started automatically with P3D, great!

BTW any Ideas regarding the display issue?

I compared the common.lua of 2.6.2 and 2.6.4 and found some differences in the function Dsp0 and function Dsp1

if (_MCP2 () or _MCP2a ()) then
        cmd = "DSP0"
    else
        cmd = "MSG0"
    end

It seems this does not work quite right. In V2.6.2 there is if... else funktion.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Andrew,

that fixed the problem when Linda is started automatically with P3D, great!

BTW any Ideas regarding the display issue?

Good news. The other will need to wait for some more spare time.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Can I ask a quick question? As this is the end of September 2015, and the first post said, "This busy period should come to an end towards the end of Oct 15." I was wondering...I tried to get LINDA to work awhile back with mixed results, but I was impressed overall. Now that I have a few more aircraft to work with, and more buttons and switches, I thought I'd give LINDA another try. I had installed the 2.64 (?) and when that didn't work too well, dropped back to the 2.57 version, which seemed to work fairly well.

Now that I'm back up here looking again, is the 2.64 version fairly worked over, or should I be waiting for more fixes by the end of next month? I know I had problems with 2.64, but from reading the threads, it seems that a lot of them were fixed.

SO - LINDA 2.64 now? Or LINDA 2.6x in November? BTW, don't know what too kyou away, but welcome back. Hope everything is okay in your "off-site" world. :P

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have been using 2.6.4 when I have been able for most of the summer. It works very well for me in FSX:SE and P3D 2.5 and the Aerosoft Airbus. It hasn't crashed or thrown up any errors in months. I consider it very stable and useable. I don't have a complicated set up just a CH Flightstick, CH pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadant and a VRI Airbus FCU.

I don't plan to open up the core code for at least another month which is why I am asking for problems and issues that the community would like addressed. In the meantime I am able to answer users questions.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello.

If possible it would be nice to see what is happening with LINDA when using the Aerosoft Airbus module and flying in TRK/FPA mode.

In my setup the FPA window on the VRInsight FCU only shows every ~1º change, while the aircraft shows every 0.1º (that matches the lowest possible selectable number on the panel). I think it is some kind of window refresh problem with LINDA that hasn't been spotted yet.

All the other rotary switches work as designed. Only the FPA mode presents this glitch.

I have been using 2.6.4 when I have been able for most of the summer. It works very well for me in FSX:SE and P3D 2.5 and the Aerosoft Airbus. It hasn't crashed or thrown up any errors in months. I consider it very stable and useable. I don't have a complicated set up just a CH Flightstick, CH pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadant and a VRI Airbus FCU.

I don't plan to open up the core code for at least another month which is why I am asking for problems and issues that the community would like addressed. In the meantime I am able to answer users questions.

Thanks, Scott. I'm in the process of re-installing v2.64 and giving it another go. I found modules for both the A2A Comanche and the RealAir Turbine Duke, both of which I own, so right now I'm 99% happy. If "someone out there" would be kind enough to code a module for the Carenado Grand Caravan EX, I'd be happy as a clam!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg