Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

LINDA Development Winter 2015 - Suggestions and Issues

Hello.

If possible it would be nice to see what is happening with LINDA when using the Aerosoft Airbus module and flying in TRK/FPA mode.

In my setup the FPA window on the VRInsight FCU only shows every ~1º change, while the aircraft shows every 0.1º (that matches the lowest possible selectable number on the panel). I think it is some kind of window refresh problem with LINDA that hasn't been spotted yet.

All the other rotary switches work as designed. Only the FPA mode presents this glitch.

On my list to look at.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew,

that fixed the problem when Linda is started automatically with P3D, great!

BTW any Ideas regarding the display issue?

I compared the common.lua of 2.6.2 and 2.6.4 and found some differences in the function Dsp0 and function Dsp1

if (_MCP2 () or _MCP2a ()) then
        cmd = "DSP0"
    else
        cmd = "MSG0"
    end

It seems this does not work quite right. In V2.6.2 there is if... else funktion.

Looks like a wrong copy/paste bewteen different versions.

The Carenado Phenom 300 has now become a more flyable aircraft thanks to the navigraph upgrade. So is there a possibility of a module for this type Please?

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

The Carenado Phenom 300 has now become a more flyable aircraft thanks to the navigraph upgrade. So is there a possibility of a module for this type Please?

Hi James

Adding new aircraft modules is a little outside my plans for the LINDA core. You should ask the question on the main Development sub-forum for Guenseli to respond to. However, the answer will come down to cost and time. Ideally, if you could source a 'free' copy of the Phenom and the SDK then there is a better chance that it can be considered.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi James

Adding new aircraft modules is a little outside my plans for the LINDA core. You should ask the question on the main Development sub-forum for Guenseli to respond to. However, the answer will come down to cost and time. Ideally, if you could source a 'free' copy of the Phenom and the SDK then there is a better chance that it can be considered.

Many thanks for your reply..  :)

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Hi!, Nice to know LINDA development is alive again!

I experiment a problem with lastest version (2.6.3 (148)), lets see if a can explain well.

Note that I have several saitek panels, VRinsight ComboII and olso a OH panel that I build my self with 2 LEO Bodnar cards.

The problem is that I start the sim (P3DV3) and Linda runs up correclty, I select my plane but some of the buttons(in saitek or the OH panel)are not working.

I see that Linda is receiving the"click" or command because I see it in the SOFT but nothing occurs in the sim, to make it work I have to go to LINDA and click over the "Joystick" button/tab, then all works perfect, all buttons answer in the sim.

It would be nice if I do not have to go every time to linda and click over the "Joystick" button/tab.

It is not dramatic because I found a solution but..Is my wishlist for the new version, for the moment ;)

Hope I explian the problem correctly.

By the way I am really happy LINDA!

I have been a user of LINDA from pretty much the beginning and I must say what has been accomplished is truly amazing, I am now using the newest version , and have a little suggestion. I am not a programmer by any means so wouldnt know how difficult to Implement.

Whats the possibility of allowing a presets to be saved for the saitek gear , like you can in the MCP tab. 

Ie the user section you can save a preset for the 5 user buttons for lights and just load that in, 

its not a problem but if you are using the radio panel for radio control having to program in these for every aircraft is time consuming. I know that the actual LUA code that LINDA writes could be copied to different aircraft profiles but I imagine not everyone would be comfortable in doing so. 

Also it would be nice to see some original VRI CDU Support,  (yes I still use one) I can supply the list of commands that the CDU Sends as I was helping with a little bit of development of a DCS plugin / that utilises DCS Bios 

Keep up the good work with development of this software.

Feel Free to drop me a message if you would like any further clarification.

Regards 

Lee Waterall 

Scotland

X-Plane integration!  

Asked Linda to marry me years ago and if this dream comes true I may go on a second honeymoon.  Please give it some thought devs!

X-Plane integration!  

Asked Linda to marry me years ago and if this dream comes true I may go on a second honeymoon.  Please give it some thought devs!

This is a non-starter. X-Plane 11 does not provide the interface to integrate with the Sim that FSUIPC4 provides. The third-party XPUIPC is not documented or as extensive. We can only support FSX, FSX-SE and P3D.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK