Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Choice of clouds

I am curious to hear back on some input.  I have REX 4 texture direct and soft clouds.  Does anybody constantly use the soft clouds or back and forth between the REX 4 clouds?

Josh Scholl

Yeah, in fact if you have both, there is a "merged" program with them both included. You can just select the soft clouds as you would any other Rex clouds.

I use both, it depends on my mood. Both are "equally realistic" IMO but sometimes I want the ultra-defined look, and sometimes I want the super fluffy look.

The weather-defined textures will use both sets so you could try that if that's up your alley.

+1 @PookyMacMan.  I have the integrated Rex4 TD + SoftClouds on a pretty fast machine (4790K overclocked) and to generate and install the weather generated theme is a snap, so I almost always do that and enjoy the variety of cloud textures picked specifically for the real wx. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11