Sign in to follow this  
t4murphy

KSFO From FlightBeam

Saw the news release on Flightbeam website for the Sept 15th release at 12 noon PST for KSFO. YEAAAAA!! :dance:

:P Timothy Murphy

I assume it will operate like everything else from FB/FSDT and will be available in a trial-limited full installer so you better believe I'll download that the first opportunity I can. A little worried about VAS and FPS since I just have to have ORBX NCA... if it weren't for KSTS, KMRY, and KTVL, I could do with out but...

Love your avatar btw.

Not worried about VAS at all ;) ... will buy as soon as available ... can't pass up one of my local International airports.

Cheers, Rob.

I assume it will operate like everything else from FB/FSDT and will be available in a trial-limited full installer so you better believe I'll download that the first opportunity I can. A little worried about VAS and FPS since I just have to have ORBX NCA... if it weren't for KSTS, KMRY, and KTVL, I could do with out but...

Love your avatar btw.

Yeah, according to Mir, your not going to want to run NCA with that airport if your flying airliners as the VAS hit from NCA is just too much. Basically the same reason I don't even bother buying ORBX regions anymore since 90% or more of my flying is done in airliners and the details of regions are not really needed for that type of flying anyway, not to mention the extra FPS and VAS hit they deliver.

Here's the quote from Mir:

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

"This is hands down.. the most optimized scenery I've ever made. The download size is a hint of that, being only 160mb. The VAS usage compared to some of the recent "heavy hitters" which I won't name, is MUCH lower. I believe FTX Global will be fine with SFO, as long as autogen sliders are kept under control.

However, I know people will still run into OOMs trying to run all their addons. For example, in testing it was demonstrated that you can easily get an OOM arriving into a FLAT SFO, with no buildings or textures at all... just by running 777 + REX + FTX Norcal + AI Traffic + high settings. Beta testers and myself included consistently received OOM with FTX Norcal. That one in particular is an example of a very very nice product, that needs to be turned off if you're going to do airliner flights. That one alone, just with FSX and no other addon uses more than half of your 4GB right at startup (and gradually increases) Upon release, I will have a performance guide to make the most out of this product."

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It will be nice to fly to SFO at night, as the old version had night lighting issues with the ground. Only 160mb download, can't be tough on vas. Looking forward to this release!

Now, how to properly disable ORBX's NCA?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I must check which mesh it is matched to !!!!!

for now, cheers

john martin

Just saw this on my youtube feed. Looks like a winner! Just want to see how it handles OOM's because the old one was beautiful until you tried to shoot an approach.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

You look like a dream!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Disappointing you only get a 10% discount for previous owners though. There were technical issues with the previous version so I was expecting a much better discount. I will wait until it goes on sale later on sometime. Have too many other sceneries to buy that cost over $20

Disappointing you only get a 10% discount for previous owners though. There were technical issues with the previous version so I was expecting a much better discount. I will wait until it goes on sale later on sometime. Have too many other sceneries to buy that cost over $20

I'll wait as well. I was thinking it would probably be more like a 30 to 50% discount for previous owners. For a $30 to $35 product that's only $3-3.50 off. Since I don't fly that area often, I can wait for a holiday sale.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! Pretty nice!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I must not be drinking the right Kool-Aid. I'd just be happy if FB fixed some of the issues with previous products. Not sure if that'll happen now since it sounds like they're jumping straight to EDDF and KMSP. Call me a f.a.n.b.o.y. (why does this word get censored??) but if I deleted every payware airport on my backup drive other than FlyTampa, I think I'd still be happy.

I must not be drinking the right Kool-Aid. I'd just be happy if FB fixed some of the issues with previous products. Not sure if that'll happen now since it sounds like they're jumping straight to EDDF and KMSP. Call me a f.a.n.b.o.y. (why does this word get censored??) but if I deleted every payware airport on my backup drive other than FlyTampa, I think I'd still be happy.

What other issues and have you posted in their support forums?