Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Geoglyph- The next generation flight simulator

Has anyone heard about Geoglyph ? It looks very promising. There's a very nice website describing what it is.

You sure you got the name right? If I Google "Geoglyph flight simulator" this thread is the first result that comes up. Got a link?

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/wordpress/

Uses the GeoGlyph `world machine` and the Unigine game engine

http://www.quadspinner.com/GeoGlyph/

http://www.unigine.com/

Superb visual tools - but are they representative of the things we don't see like weather and flight dynamics? Be fun finding out, if they have the budget to complete the project and a Route To Market.

Certainly it's got more legs than the tired old Outerra project.

Whow!  Almost spilled my morning coffee :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think the difference here is that they aren't a platform developer looking for an application, they are working with the platform to develop a specific application - a flight sim. 

The helo/ground interaction video is stunning.

The helo/ground interaction video is stunning.

Indeed!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Very impressive! However, it looks like this is currently just being developed for commercial flight simulators. Some of the videos were made at I/ITSEC which is probably the world's largest flight simulation industry conference and exhibition. I wouldn't hold your breath over an entertainment version. I worked with full-size commercial flight sims for a few years and we would have killed for graphics like that.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

They are NOT building off of the old FSX. This is all new stuff. Definitly worth following the development. This looks like our future.

This looks like our future.

It sure does! But the question is, who's behind this project? I mean, I've read the "who are we" section of their page and it says that they are "us" the flight sim community. Of course they are, but we want more info.. I might seem a bit too eager. But we've been waiting ages for a sim as beautiful as this. And out of nowhere it just appears like that? 

Just like hungry dogs chasing a bone!

Yup, it looks quite impressive, proof of concept?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Geoglyph overs a  collection of 60 macros and devices for World Machine LLC.  World Machine isn't a flight simulator -  it's a "procedural terrain creation, simulation" .

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.