Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Jon Venema says P3Dv3 more like a 2.6

You believe everything you someone tells you here?

I just find it interesting to note that version 3.0 is deep in beta territory.

Regards to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Me too, Chas. I'm excited to see what it brings.

I think anyone willing to bet that version 3 will be 64 bit, better be prepared to lose some money. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

LM probably needs the cash to continue development. They'very been putting out free updates for the past 2 years. I hope they fix the memory management as I can barely fly a whole flight without an oom.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Frankly, I am a little concerned about the previous remarks from Orbx...referring to the feature set, representing a minor not a major Rev....for what?...another $60 bux and three weeks of re-installing DLC and add-ones?

Mmmmmmmmmore than likely, I am gonna sit back and watch this rev for more than several months....especially if they do not give us DX12 support for v3.0

Just my humble rumblings....grinnnnn

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Oh my Dorothy, this could turn into yet another speculation slash p...ing contest about who has the most accurate 'inside info"... Quick go find the popcorn and butter. :smile:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

You don't change the number to the left of the decimal unless something significant has changed.  To do so, to me, is false advertising though they really haven't advertised anything.   If it turns out to be just a "2.6" I will be sorely disappointed.    The number to the left of a version number is always reserved for 'Major' changes to a product.   Let us hope LM doesn't break this age old version numbering system.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

You don't change the number to the left of the decimal unless something significant has changed. To do so, to me, is false advertising though they really haven't advertised anything. If it turns out to be just a "2.6" I will be sorely disappointed. The number to the left of a version number is always reserved for 'Major' changes to a product. Let us hope LM doesn't break this age old version numbering system.

+1. This is also what I'm confused about.

But then, maybe we ought to just wait for an annoucement from LM first. While I put a good bit of stock behind JV's comment--comparatively--there's no point in tarring and feathering LM before we even get the chicken...

Regards to all,

Chas

Myself as well. I hope that the length of the beta is indicative of the quality of the initial release, regardless of the size of the change list from v2.5 to v3.

+1. This is also what I'm confused about.

Well, then we agree on something BUT JV's statement could also EASILY be construed to be in reference to the install system.

Consider. his original post was related to charging for a new installer because he was afraid that LM would continue to change the folder system. He then states that this was during the alpha stage. Then he mentions the beta and says that it is more like 2.6.

All depends on how you look at it. Since we are not JV we can continue this speculative thread and maybe we'll decide before V3 is here.

I'll speculate that it will NOT be 64bit and that it will be significantly different under the hood. Time will tell.

Vic

And if the old CEO of Microsoft was still in charge of that company, we wouldnt have a start button in Windows 10. Wes is gone from LM and with him goes any promises he made over a year ago. So if you are hanging your hat on the comments of someone who isnt even with the company anymore as a means of predicting the future, you will, as you are with V3, be greatly disappointed.

And you have been smoking the funny stuff again if you believe that Wes made any promises that didn't come from corporate. They changed product manager because he wanted to be close to his family, they have been consistent in the direction of P3D with Wes and without.

Please believe me when I say that every word coming out of LM personnel is vetted by their Comms department. But this is a corporate world and LM could easily scrap a 64bit or in fact scrap P3d at THEIR whim. Don't think they will but no one thought MS would fire Aces and kill FSX either.

And where did I say that V3 would be 64bit? TMK, no one from LM has ever given a date or a version - just that it is in the plan. I won't be disappointed in V3 at all, I can also guarantee that.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

All I have to say is if v3 is just a minor update, I will be extremely disappointed. v2.5 still looks and feels like FSX too much and I am just hoping for much more distance between v3 and FSX. Sometime it feels like we will never leave 2006 when FSX was released.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I find it difficult to understand why all the secrecy from LM regarding P3d,I would have thought that LM would be talking up there revamped Training product,who is their competition that keeps them from talking about their product,or is it just part of their military back ground

Well, then we agree on something BUT JV's statement could also EASILY be construed to be in reference to the install system.

And don't forget when they pulled the plug on Flight. 

Edited by n4gix
Please stop quoting the entire post!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I find it difficult to understand why all the secrecy from LM regarding P3d,I would have thought that LM would be talking up there revamped Training product,who is their competition that keeps them from talking about their product,or is it just part of their military back ground

Secrecy? Why are we, the 'entertainment' guys actually confused about the non release of any information from LM? I'm sure their corporate clients & partners will be advised first? But then, I'm just speculating.

So, the latest speculations are quite mind numbing boggling!

Version 2.6 or version 3?

Minor or major update?

64bit or not?

$200 or not? (Where did this $200 come from anyway?)

We SAW v3 in a FSuipc config file.. & the forums were flooded.

Orbyx has spoken, must be true!

How long is 'Early days'?

Sigh!.. more butter on the popcorn..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...