Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Jon Venema says P3Dv3 more like a 2.6

Ahhhh. Thank you Bill for injecting a bit of common sense and actual facts into this thread. If Rob is excited and you are excited then now I am excited to see what comes out of Ver 3.0. My head was just about to explode once again and.......... Once again AVSIM posts have proven that my Dr. has me on the correct blood pressure and heart medications. Now back to flying that Cessna 310!!! Good Weekend to all!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

If I may inject a few salient points.

1. I am one of many v3.0 beta testers.
  2. Rob is quite correct to be "excited."
  3. JV views v3.0 through his own particular filters, and is quite likely to not be focused on anything not related to scenery and folder/file management and how it impacts his company's products.
  4. v3.0 is not 64bit

As for DX12, please everyone keep in mind that this would require a complete revamping of the minimum requirements for Prepar3D:

1. OS must be Win10
  2. Video card must support DX12
  3. Video drivers must support DX12

Item #1 is the major sticking point for the next few years at least.

....and order is restored. :smile:

I dunno - Bill and Rob - you guys are really getting to be party poopers! Now we have to go back to dull, old reality.

Personally, I find these threads very informative - some of the posts reveal quite a bit about what some know or do not know about the subject. The misinformation is really staggering. But, I've been around for a long time and sadly, that is not a new phenomenon - same thing happened with the various iterations of MS Flightsims.

Back to reality.......

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Rob...we can forgive you for your "poor testing" but the power of persuasion is another thing. We are all counting on you getting LM to include goats in this release so we can get more support from Nvidia. No goats then it is Camp #1!! LOL!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

On the ORBX forum the respective topic has been closed. Which makes sense to me.

The thread was locked and I suspect it was due to someone making a statement about the users' academic license vs. usage intent which spills into LM's EULA...a nono.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Quoted from N4gix

"As for DX12, please everyone keep in mind that this would require a complete revamping of the minimum requirements for

Prepar3D:

OS must be Win10

Video card must support DX12

Video drivers must support DX12

Item #1 is the major sticking point for the next few years at least.

"

I agree on all the above points, but, does not P3d already support DX9,10 AND 11?... If that is true, is there a "MUST-Case" for cards OR, OS's ?

It appears that Windows10 has the momentum visa-vis it's "give-away policy". The Padre made me look at the reported efficacy of game devs biting the bullet and upgrading their libraries to DX12, and there seems to be, in my compiled notions of the community, that the updates are indeed considered well worth the "man-days" required...I submit man-months, even

man-years...

I understand that DX12 is made of complimentary, but not compulsory APIs... so maybe the upgrades can be done incrementally, based on what DX12 APIs are offering most bang for the Dev-buck in each particular game environment.

Windows has historically been backward compatible and they could have "gone all Apple on us" but they didn't for any number of reasons, and that is to be applauded.

It's doubtful more than a relative handful of XP simmers(read DX-9?), will survive significant changes to PREPAR3d though...sorry, XP folks but we DO have to move on with technology....and if that means legacy OS's need to be left behind to do it...then I am in the Apple court.

re Prepar3d?...it seems to play nice in whatever OS court it decides to play in....so come on LM...release the DX12 stuff - we know y'all have had access to Microsoft's DX12 for over a year, if not years!

...just the rumblings of curmudgeonly P3d driver...

regards to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Bill is referring to END USERS ability to display DX12 properties. He is not limiting LM in any way... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ahhhh. Thank you Bill for injecting a bit of common sense and actual facts into this thread. If Rob is excited and you are excited then now I am excited to see what comes out of Ver 3.0. My head was just about to explode once again and.......... Once again AVSIM posts have proven that my Dr. has me on the correct blood pressure and heart medications. Now back to flying that Cessna 310!!! Good Weekend to all!!

Enjoying your humor and input, Sam.  Whose 310 are you flying and is it really better than RealAir's Duke ? 

Your fellow Pensacolian,

WAT1460.png

Hi Vincent....I am flying the Milviz 310 since their recent update. It is a very nice flight model and I like the Twin Piston type planes. I am a fan of Realair products and look forward to their update of the piston Duke for P3D. It just seems like it is taking forever for them to get it released. The Milviz Cessna 310 with steam gauges and Flight 1's GTN750 and 650 makes a great combo.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

I understand now, you like steam / pistons and I am turbo / glass :smile:

Milviz 310 sounds sweet.  I'm looking forward to the Milviz King Air when finished... sorry to go OT... now back to our feature presentation....  Prepar3D  v 3 !!!

WAT1460.png

Bill is referring to END USERS ability to display DX12 properties. He is not limiting LM in any way... :wink:

That is precisely correct. L-M have to do cost analysis before investing major time and effort into exploiting DX12. Given that many (like myself) refuse to jump on the Win10 Wagon Train of Tears immediately, it may well be several more years before L-M support DX12 at all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Rob, what does Shivers9 mean about goats?

Or should I've directed the question to Sam.

Just courses.

Hi Rob what does Shivers9 mean about goats?

Or should I directed to the question to Sam.

Just courses.

Fro2Do...sorry I can not get the quote function to work for some reason. It is just sort of a Joke from a few months ago when we could not get Nvidia to support SLI for Prepar3D but they were making change after change for some silly game called "Goat Simulator". It is true...you can not make that up!! LOL Rob went off about it in one of his post. He is usually pretty calm but went a bit native on that subject.

Sam

Bill and Rob,

Gotta love our AVSIM cult!

The years go by, the platform version numbers change, but the debates and particular teams of allies and opponents stay nearly the same!

No wonder so many of us are forever hooked by some combination of flight simulation, disgruntled opinionating, wild speculation and blind optimism.

Kindest regards,