Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Jon Venema says P3Dv3 more like a 2.6

So far you guys or more correctly, some of you have bashed John, Orbx, Lockheed Martian and MS. Some of you, without one fact to go on have said that LM is just changing to Version 3 to get you money. This company is a $Trillion company. That is $1,000,000,000,000.00 x maybe 6 or 7 per year. Even knowing this some of you self centered Pinheaded know it all's think that LM cares about your $100.00. The guys at AVSIM have been working hard lately to update and improve the performance of this site and good for them but I do believe their next upgrade should focus on a new "ACME Stupid Filter".

It's blatantly obvious you have no idea what a matrix organization is and/or what business units are. I can't imagine why the P3D unit at LM wouldn't be expected to operate as a profit center (and not a cost center). That being the case, even at a "trillion" dollar organization like LM (did you actually bother to look at any financials? They actually had gross sales at the end of 2014 of $45.6 billion and net income of $3.6 billion.. which is under 8%), all profit centers need to make an, er, profit. So the P3D unit can't simply operate as a charity for a bunch of armchair simmers who don't want to pay for upgrades every couple of years. While I'm sure the lion's share of the unit's revenues come from commercial clients, I can't imagine that they would allow them to subsidize our use of P3D.

Speaking of beta testing, feel free to beta test that "ACME Stupid Filter" and let us know how it works.

p.s. I don't know if Lockheed "Martian" was intentional but it's funny nonetheless.

If I may inject a few salient points.

• I am one of many v3.0 beta testers.
  • Rob is quite correct to be "excited."
  • JV views v3.0 through his own particular filters, and is quite likely to not be focused on anything not related to scenery and folder/file management and how it impacts his company's products.
  • v3.0 is not 64bit
As for DX12, please everyone keep in mind that this would require a complete revamping of the minimum requirements for Prepar3D:

• OS must be Win10
  • Video card must support DX12
  • Video drivers must support DX12
Item #1 is the major sticking point for the next few years at least.

Thanks Bill; salient indeed.

The years go by, the platform version numbers change, but the debates and particular teams of allies and opponents stay nearly the same!

LOL! Stephen - you noticed too!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

GMoneyPRS....

It's blatantly obvious you have no idea what a matrix organization is and/or what business units are.

I don't even know what matrix means.

A multi Billion dollar company is a multi Billion Dollar company and no I did not prepare a finance statement before I made my post. The point is still that a company that large does not get rich stealing our lunch money $100.00 at a time.

As an update on the "Stupid Filter"......I am testing it already before going out for beta testers. It still need some work because...... your post still came through.

I read somewhere that LM was working on modules that may someday be used on Mars but that was only a slip of the figure!!LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

As an update on the "Stupid Filter"......I am testing it already before going out for beta testers. It still need some work because...... your post still came through.

What part of my post is stupid?

Oh dear...Bill and Rob got this thread back on track and here we go again....

Let's all take a moment to reflect how far this hobby has come in the last 20 yrs...or even 10 for that matter..

I for one am in awe at my ability to be able to fly as close to reality as possible...IN MY OWN HOME?..with what I've got now.

Dave

Personally I would just like to get some news form LM about when it will be released because I gave up on V2.5 after official SLI support sent me out to buy a second GTX 780 and what I got in return was the fantastic performance I always wanted on high setting and multiple graphical anomalies and an OOM on every flight. I though well that's enough until they fix the SLI graphical anomalies and the OOM's. I am still waiting after months. Since it appears to have been in beta for some time now, an official announcement would be nice. If I remember correctly P3D V2 release date was announced 2 months ahead.

I wonder if they will release a teaser soon,  one would think when a clip or teaser is released it will be another month or so before release.  

I though well that's enough until they fix the SLI graphical anomalies and the OOM's.

The graphic anomalies are Nvidia's issue - nothing LM can do until there is a new driver.

OOM's are a different matter. My guess is that LM will opt for the method of replacing DLL's with EXE's so they can run in their own process space. That alone would require a V3 step as it would be quite a bit of work. that is *IF* they choose that route. Maybe they'll come up with their own unique approach.

I think times are GREAT for simmers and only looking better.

the hard part is waiting........

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The graphic anomalies are Nvidia's issue - nothing LM can do

That's contrary to what I have read on the P3D Forum.

Can't say specifically which thread I read it in or quote it.

But if I recall correctly it was a post from Beau Hollis

and he alluded to SLI anomolies being fixed in V3.

I could be wrong about that but that's the way I remember it.

But if I recall correctly it was a post from Beau Hollis

and he alluded to SLI anomolies being fixed in V3.

I don't recall seeing that but you could well be right. I was able to stop the anomalies on my system but I know others haven't been able to do so, even with my settings.

I'd rather YOU be right on this one than me!  :smile:

Vic

Thank you shivers9 for clearing that up for me.

Albt...

So am I  having a problem with the quote system.... just a heads up.

This forum rocks thought... great content and people.

Hi Guys,

I just have one question for Bill and Rob... WHY are you here BSing with us when you should be beta testing, finding EVERY bug that exists in this program?. Now get back to work and stop playing with the little people.

Now, before "ANYONE" other than Bill and Rob (because I know they have a sense of humor) gets their panties in a bunch... Sorry to any men who actually wear panties, this is not directed at you..  IT's a JOKE, just want to make that crystal clear... I know how the peanut gallery can get carried away.

Hey Rob and/or Bill, not looking for inside info about the latest P3D release, but should I purchase an 85" 4K UHDTV for my flight deck or will I have issues?. 4790K processors with 3 Titan X Super Clocked video boards.

Don't want to spend over eight grand on a 4K if I won't be able to use it with my flight deck.

Thanks

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I think times are GREAT for simmers and only looking better.

Behave yourself Vic! You will have the great unwashed masses expecting miracles!!!  :P

From all the stuff I read in the last couple of month it seems to me that JV has been less than enthusiastic about Prepar3d lately. He seems to be much more exited about FSX Steam. Most likely because Prepar3d with all it's changes means a lot of work for Orbx (without getting paid) and FSX Steam means cash for Orbx by selling DLCs. For this reason alone, I don't give a lot on what JV says about Prepar3d v3. Rob always seems to be very rational about what he says and since he is excited about v3 this is enough for me to be looking forward to Prepar3d v3. No matter when it is released.

Happy flying in the meantime...

Hate to say it but FSX steam is probably an interim product. When DT pushes out their "next" sim I'm sure quite a bit of redevelopment will have to happen.