Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Jon Venema says P3Dv3 more like a 2.6

I can't get in. Have to supply my password, which I do, but it will not let me in...

What Kenneth said . I haven't try to login because i assumed the password might be for Beta tester or LM developers.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

And in other news....

That is pretty nice, but still needs some work ... even in the demo videos you can see some lighting issues on the terrain (1:19 to 1:24 mark of the heli demo) as the one moves thru the world the suns casting of light on the terrain changes also ... the casting of light from the sun thru clouds is independent of one's motion thru the world (sun and clouds will have their own motion with shadows bound to that motion, not the aircraft's motion) ... a pretty significant oversight for an engine that claims 10 year old technology (aka ESP/FSX) is not as good ;)

Just because code is old doesn't mean it's bad code ... more often than not older code is far more efficient than newer code simply because it had to be more efficient 10 years ago on hardware of the day 10 years ago.

I hope this project does grow into something better, but I see no need to bash other products as "old" ... I'd rather see UNIGINE sell on it's own merit.

Cheers, Rob.

That is pretty nice, but still needs some work ... even in the demo videos you can see some lighting issues on the terrain (1:19 to 1:24 mark of the heli demo) as the one moves thru the world the suns casting of light on the terrain changes also ... the casting of light from the sun thru clouds is independent of one's motion thru the world (sun and clouds will have their own motion with shadows bound to that motion, not the aircraft's motion) ... a pretty significant oversight for an engine that claims 10 year old technology (aka ESP/FSX) is not as good ;)

Just because code is old doesn't mean it's bad code ... more often than not older code is far more efficient than newer code simply because it had to be more efficient 10 years ago on hardware of the day 10 years ago.

I hope this project does grow into something better, but I see no need to bash other products as "old" ... I'd rather see UNIGINE sell on it's own merit.

Cheers, Rob.

Oh I'm with you Rob, 100%. It was more of me tapping the vein, the vein that says "I need something else to mess with!! All this stuff is the same code!!....ohhhh...look at those pretty houses and streets and it's even got an Old Navy fully modeled!!" 

I don't care what anyone says, P3D is my sim and I'm sticking to it, through thick and thin. Sure, people are off-put by the bugs, but that's just because we've been biased. So, so much work has been done by my fellow simmers. FSX is the seemingly "safe option". Not for me, I'm on the P3D boat now. For Pete's sake, it's the only boat with gas in it!

I also agree it was worded quite snarky. But hey, that's business baby. If you're going to try to ride a new wave and really set yourself apart from "The Others", 75% is the swag of marketing. I hope these individuals know what they are getting into, us simmers are a ruthless breed and will have no issues lighting the torches and marching to burn any witch that brings black magic into our community!! The stutter-spell is something we have felt ever since the first witch appeared. That witch was FS5. The quick eradication to 5.1 wasn't happenstance, it was a necessary cover-up of the evil. The evil that 5.0 tried to lure us into after we had been playing 4.0 and ATP Airline Simulator for oh so long.

I apologize, I was involved in a car accident yesterday. I'm okay, but the med's have got me glued to my seat and my mind is a little...out there. I hope someone got a laugh out of it. I sure did.

Anyways, back to the Bash vs. OOM trial. You can find progress of said case just a couple threads below.  :dance:  :dance:

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

I apologize, I was involved in a car accident yesterday. I'm okay, but the med's have got me glued to my seat and my mind is a little...out there. I hope someone got a laugh out of it. I sure did.

Sending healing vibes!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

... The post is/was probably not meant to be public.

Au Contraire Mes Amis .... I suspect that the Devs at LM are laughing their socks off this Weekend and giving it a few High 5's all around.

Ouch, hope you're ok?!   But anyone with mixers in a pic is Ok by me ... I've got 4 of them my desk and all in use.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm looking forward to 3.0. Whatever it costs is fine...LM have been pricing their products fairly and I don't expect people to work for nothing. It might be a good time to do a Win10 upgrade as well.

Dave

Yes, I think that we can all spare $5

Are you sure, I don't know, I've seen 30+ page threads over a $5 difference for a 3rd party product.  Probably cost more in power company electric bill to keep the $5 thread going ... the cost of a debate seems to have no financial (or time) threshold ... people will gladly spent $10 to debate over $5.   :Doh:   

Cheers, Rob.

people will gladly spent $10 to debate over $5.      

Ain't that the truth!

Are you sure, I don't know, I've seen 30+ page threads over a $5 difference for a 3rd party product.  Probably cost more in power company electric bill to keep the $5 thread going ... the cost of a debate seems to have no financial (or time) threshold ... people will gladly spent $10 to debate over $5.   :Doh:   

Cheers, Rob.

Awesome statement.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I would be happy to pay $10 to LM just to take time to tell us whats in Version 3 and some time frame for release. LOL!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I'm gonna stick with $5, and throw in a bag of jellybeans as a bonus. My final offer! :P

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png