Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Jon Venema says P3Dv3 more like a 2.6

Right about what?

That v3 actually is or should have been v2.6.

I think the intention was sarcasm, not an actual wishlist.

Yes of course it was sarcasm. Everyone got that. But his sarcasm is "always" intended towards those hoping for a larger improvements (i.e perhaps v3 being 64-bit with DX12). 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Guys, just wait for V4!! 128bit? DX13? 2x avatars?

Bold Wobbie  :smile: 

That v3 actually is or should have been v2.6.

The OOM/VAS issue is a mammoth fix to the core sim. It has plagued many for years. Is that not considered significant change ? Or is everyone still bleating on about 64 bit...?   In addition, significant changes would have been made for the professional flight training userbase. The significant changes won't always be obvious for armchair pilots.

Yes of course it was sarcasm. Everyone got that. But his sarcasm is "always" intended towards those hoping for a larger improvements (i.e perhaps v3 being 64-bit with DX12). 

Lol, you guys are really sensitive.

My comment was 'tongue in cheek' not sarcastic (but I'm not going to debate the difference, that will be like debating the difference between FSX & FSX:SE)

I was just reading posts where guys were hoping for larger improvements, & now saying that V3 is not enough & why pay for it.

Sigh! never satisfied. I just want to have fun, with a bit of wishful thinking, of course.

We have a saying here... 'If the door is open, I'm going to walk through'.

I'm polite, I'm not dissing anyone or any product..... :Hmmmph: Just having fun :db: , as we all should be doing!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Lol, you guys are really sensitive.

My comment was 'tongue in cheek' not sarcastic (but I'm not going to debate the difference, that will be like debating the difference between FSX & FSX:SE)

I was just reading posts where guys were hoping for larger improvements, & now saying that V3 is not enough & why pay for it.

Sigh! never satisfied. I just want to have fun, with a bit of wishful thinking, of course.

We have a saying here... 'If the door is open, I'm going to walk through'.

I'm polite, I'm not dissing anyone or any product..... :Hmmmph: Just having fun :db: , as we all should be doing!

Fair enough. It's allowed to mess around a bit. I thought I was just seeing your sarcastic response in every thread. Or maybe I was just clicking into the same thread over and over. Think I'll have a coffee  :lol:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Lol... Plenty of popcorn.. ( not sarcasm!) There IS a difference.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I'm polite, I'm not dissing anyone or any product.....

Don't worry about it, Robbie. You are entitled to express your opinions on here just like the rest of us.

Just having fun

Careful. This is P3D we are talking about :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

:shok: Ooops, What was I thinking?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Don't worry about it, Robin. You are entitled to express your opinions on here just like the rest of us.

He he he he,  i corrected that for you  :BigGrin:

Hot off the Orbx Press, From JV today..

There is no new Speedtree autogen in V3, the release adds support for the Speedtree SDK to allow developers to introduce new trees and grasses into scenery. It's far too early days at this stage for us to comment on how this will be implemented until we spend more time with the SDK.

If you're expecting trees and grasses swaying in the breeze worldwide, that isn't going to be the case.

LM has finally implemented Speedtree at my recommendation to them about two and a half years ago, it's something we've been wanting in a sim platform for a long time so we're pleased the support for is there now.

As to how we tackle any eventual upgrade to all our products to add Speedtree, that is a whole other story. You will likely see it introduced in newer projects, much like we introduced NatureFlow moving trees and grass from 1WA6 Fall City onwards, and then only selectively.

Finally, expect a FPS hit with Speedtree - you don't get millions of animated polygons in your FOV for free, that's dreaming

tpewpb-6.png

Really? From the L-M official What's New in Prepar3d v3

New Content
  • Virtavia Sikorsky H-60 Black Hawk
  • India India Alpha Foxtrot Echo F-35A
  • 18 new scenery library models of 3D trees (powered by SpeedTree)

That seems to suggest that at the very least a sample selection is included. Whether utilised might be a different question. But there. They are.

Yes, but this is version 3, an odd number. Just like Windows, we know every second release is better.....

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Exactly. Not impressed. Looks like a bunch of bug fixes for the 2.X version. I was really hoping that they would do something about the clouds and water (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you have no worries). FSX is definitely staying on my drive.

Clouds and water have been much improved.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator