Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Saitek throttles out of stock everywhere?

Any idea what's going on?

I haven't looked "everywhere" but they are out of stock on Amazon and Walmart.

Not that I'm shopping for them all the time, but I haven't seen this before.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mine are getting flakey, so probably everyone is getting replacements too. :)

Lol... mine's fine, but it's attached to the Yoke... I want a standalone. 

Looks like it's out of stock at Saitek, too! 

I emailed them just to see what's up.

I was also after one a few weeks back and found everyone seemed to be out of stock in UK also noticed silly prices on ebay! Contacted Saitek who said they are still making them and would get stock soon.

In meantime I won a CH Products Throttle on ebay which I love. Haven't got reverse working on it yet (but am happy as I just use my Saitek for reverse for the one time I need to use it as you can have both connected.)

Regards

Steve

I was also after one a few weeks back and found everyone seemed to be out of stock in UK also noticed silly prices on ebay! Contacted Saitek who said they are still making them and would get stock soon.

In meantime I won a CH Products Throttle on ebay which I love. Haven't got reverse working on it yet (but am happy as I just use my Saitek for reverse for the one time I need to use it as you can have both connected.)

Regards

Steve

I have been having the exact same problem Steve. I gave Saitek my email address to contact me when they get them in stock again- that was about two months ago. I don't understand the problem, they can't be using any parts that are in short supply anything like that! The ones from Mypilotstore are from the US and would cost a fortune in delivery and customs Josh for someone in Ireland like me, but thanks for the suggestion.

I wanted to ask you about your CH Throttle experience- They look like they have significant less travel than the Saitek's, but owners of CH products swear by their reliability. So two months on, how have you been finding them, and do you use them in conjunction with FSUIPC?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks in advance.

Paul

I have been having the exact same problem Steve. I gave Saitek my email address to contact me when they get them in stock again- that was about two months ago. I don't understand the problem, they can't be using any parts that are in short supply anything like that! The ones from Mypilotstore are from the US and would cost a fortune in delivery and customs Josh for someone in Ireland like me, but thanks for the suggestion.

I wanted to ask you about your CH Throttle experience- They look like they have significant less travel than the Saitek's, but owners of CH products swear by their reliability. So two months on, how have you been finding them, and do you use them in conjunction with FSUIPC?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks in advance.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes there is a lot less travel, I have not flown a great deal since I bought it (maybe 20 flights).

However even though I have fixed my Saitek I use the CH as my main throttle for 1 and 2 engine planes, with mixture and prop rpm mapped for 1 or 2 engines as well. I don’t use FSUIPC.

I could not get the CH software calibration software working on my PC ( to do reverse) but I suspect that is an issue with my PC USB port set up ( I occasionally experience issues with this when updating an ipad on my pc) .

I contacted CH support and they sent me explanation of how to configure the general setup via windows default joystick configuration panel, they were VERY helpful , and its all working fine (apart from no reverse) I am not bothered by reverse as I have mapped that to my Saitek 3 lever , and just use that for the planes that have reverse)

It has really made a difference when using my Majestic Dash and Real Air Dukes I personally find it much better that the Saitek , just have to get used to smaller lever distance travel. Very pleased with it so far.

Regards

Steve

• Upvote 1

As someone who just last night had their x55 stick die, I've not got a lot positive to say about them.  I will never, ever, ever buy a single Saitek product again.  I had a x52 pro that lasted about two years, and this x55 didn't even last that long.  The yoke wore out woefully quick, the throttle quadrant that came with the yoke is jumpy, and the trim wheel, although I loved it at first, proved to be an issue since when you haven't used it in the last ten minutes, it seems to only connect after you move the wheel.

I've had luck with their switch panel, but lets face it, it's a bunch of toggle switches.  I've also had unexpected luck with their rudder pedals; they look rough though, and the tension wheel has long since broken.  They still work though, so that's a plus.

I do still recommend the TPM unit, as it seems to be constructed of a quality that none of the rest of their line matches.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm a little peeved at them currently!

Hey Steve, thanks for the quick reply. 

You can have the lower sector of the main throttle be your reverser if you want, FSUIPC  can do that no problem (not sure if you need the registered version though)

Ideally i hope I can get to stage when I can build my own throttles- the Saiteks are so flimsy and I really need a feeling of travel with my throttle (it's the one thing I hate about my T1600M, I'd love to get the CH Pro Throttle, but as usual, just like the Saiteks, they are currently unavailable. As I mainly fly GA at the moment, three sticks is enough for me, plus I'll be getting an excellent set of pedals soon.

Glad the CH's are working for you,  I think I'll try and be patient and decide if I even need a second set.

Take care,

Hey Steve, thanks for the quick reply. 

You can have the lower sector of the main throttle be your reverser if you want, FSUIPC  can do that no problem (not sure if you need the registered version though)

Paul, yes - you do need to have the paid version of FSUIPC to use it to set up reverse thrust but it works great for that if you do.

BTW, Jmmy like you I also have mixed feelings about Saitek.  My rudder pedals are just fine after 3 years of relatively steady use, but the yoke never has been the best of devices with its excessive "stiction" and the throttles do, indeed, get jumpy pretty quickly as they age.  On the other hand, my radio module and multi-panel have been virtually flawless when used in conjunction with SPAD.

I sure wish jumping up a level in throttle and yoke quality wasn't such a big financial jump.

Scott

Paul, yes - you do need to have the paid version of FSUIPC to use it to set up reverse thrust but it works great for that if you do.

BTW, Jmmy like you I also have mixed feelings about Saitek.  My rudder pedals are just fine after 3 years of relatively steady use, but the yoke never has been the best of devices with its excessive "stiction" and the throttles do, indeed, get jumpy pretty quickly as they age.  On the other hand, my radio module and multi-panel have been virtually flawless when used in conjunction with SPAD.

I sure wish jumping up a level in throttle and yoke quality wasn't such a big financial jump.

Scott

I could not agree more Scott- why do you have to go from Saitek and CH yokes and throttles to the likes of PFC and other, even more expensive options. There really is a market for someone who is willing to pay €400- €500 (I'm Irish) for a yoke and a relatively realistic looking quadrant. I have splashed out on a set MFD Crosswind pedals, because I read nothing but mixed reviews about the Saitek and CH options. They're handmade, beautifully machined, get nothing but rave reviews and still cost about €200 less than the cheapest PFC set. You have to wait though- I ordered mine back in September and probably won't get them until December. Everthing else I've bought (Saitek yoke and throttle, TrackIR 5) has been off Ebay, so I decided to get myself something more professional and guaranteed to work. I'm currently using a joysticks z-axis for rudder control, and it is no fun!

I've been tempted to buy a Saitek switch panel, but instead decided to bite the bullet and build my own. It's just going to be a fairly simple affair using a Leo Bodnar board, some plexiglass and hopefully a handmade wooden mount with metal trim. I have no experience with either electronics or carpentry, so it's been quite a steep learning curve. However my soldering iron has already paid for itself when I accidentally cut right through my TrackIR cable to the sensor while trying to remove a cable tie. When I stripped back the cable on each side I saw four tiny wires which all needed soldering and to been insulated from each other once finished. Two very tough hours later, with everything soldered and insulated,  I plugged it in expecting nothing.....but to my shock and delight, it's beautiful little tracking sensors turned out and tracked my clip leds as well as ever.

Not everyone has the time to research and read up on the various subjects, so I completely understand the frustration with lack of choice for those of us who don't have cash burning a hole in their pocket!

What sort of self-build projects have you completed and what interface boards and materials do you use?

Thanks for the reply,

Ideally i hope I can get to stage when I can build my own throttles- the Saiteks are so flimsy and I really need a feeling of travel with my throttle (it's the one thing I hate about my T1600M, I'd love to get the CH Pro Throttle, but as usual, just like the Saiteks, they are currently unavailable.

Hello Paul, Fellow Irish chap here too. Awaiiting delivery since Sept of the Saitek Throttles from Simware - no sign yet and estimate was end of October. Nearly a month late and the shop shows "Market Availablity" YES, so they should be soon. Tempted to get the CH ones, (Aerosoft have them in stock ATM).

Hello Paul, Fellow Irish chap here too. Awaiiting delivery since Sept of the Saitek Throttles from Simware - no sign yet and estimate was end of October. Nearly a month late and the shop shows "Market Availablity" YES, so they should be soon. Tempted to get the CH ones, (Aerosoft have them in stock ATM).

Hey Jude (I'm sure you've heard all the jokes!),

Interesting to hear they were on sale anywhere. My guess is they claimed they were so everyone looking for the Saitek USB throttle quadrant would order from them. Why else haven't they delivered???

I've heard people say good things about CH products and their build quality, but for me there is just too little travel in the throttle's arc. The only reason I want a set is so I can fly joystick based WWII, like A2A's Spitfire, Mustang, etc. and still have three throttle controls instead of the one tiny throttle on my otherwise excellent T1600.M.

Are you looking for a set to control multiple engines etc.?

Good to meet a fellow Irish simmer on here, bit of a newbie compared to you though.

Hi Paul, I've gotten used to the jokes by now.I primarily use the throttles for twins,but one throttle is enough for me. I did come across a posting here before on a DIY job.Not sure I'm up to the job though.

There's quite a few of us Irish hanging around here too.

Hi Paul, I've gotten used to the jokes by now.I primarily use the throttles for twins,but one throttle is enough for me. I did come across a posting here before on a DIY job.Not sure I'm up to the job though.

There's quite a few of us Irish hanging around here too.

Hey Jude,

Are you a long time in the Flight Sim game yourself? I only got serious about 8 or 9 months ago when I finally had a machine that could get 25fps plus outside of the big cities. I went for the whole Orbx suite of products, including Ireland, Scotland and England and while I don't have anything competing products to compare it with, it looks pretty spectacular with REX 4. I managed to pick up a TrackIR 5 Pro and a Saitek yoke on eBay, and now I'm obsessed!

Now that I've finally stopped tinkering with cfgs and optimising it I'm really getting into flying single and twin-props (baby steps). I'm loving two Cessna variations from Carenado and a couple of WWII A2A fighters (definitely of the non accu-sim variety), especially the good old Spitfire. I'm not going to even try an airliner until I add a larger monitor as my VC and the other two for 2d panels. I use Plan-G over my LAN on my laptop and for someone of my level its perfect (and free! Well kind of, I had to buy WideFS7 to join FSUIPC).

Anyway, that's probably way more than you needed to know about my setup- let me know what kind of rig and software you are using if you want. I see you like the 'heavy iron', I actually bought one of their products on sale for down the line- I think it was for the iFly 737, I loved the chatter and vocally giving commands, but it was still all a bit daunting for now.

Cheers

Hello,

Try AviationMegastore.com in the Netherlands.

I wish you a lot of success,

Ben

Try AviationMegastore.com in the Netherlands.

"Temporarily out of stock".

What is going on???

It has been like this for months.  New product coming out but delayed?  Any industry rumours?

Bryn

Hey Jude,

Are you a long time in the Flight Sim game yourself? I only got serious about 8 or 9 months ago

Let's just say my first sim was on an AMD K6-460 :)

What got me hooked was F16 Combat Pilot for the Amiga and the Microprose F16. Move from there to the Airbus A320 for the Amiga back in 1991. Hooked ever since.

Seriously, no other company in the world seems to be short of cheap plastic? What are Saitek playing at? Especially in the run up to Christmas.

In the end I ordered the Proflight Yoke system just to get the throttles.

It cost me about the same since I had some vouchers from amazon. Not a very good way of doing business though.

In the end I ordered the Proflight Yoke system just to get the throttles.

It cost me about the same since I had some vouchers from amazon. Not a very good way of doing business though.

You do realize that the throttles that come with Saitek yokes are different I hope.  They come with a PS2 style connector which only works when plugged into the yoke so they must be used together.

Scott

Yes, I have both, the throttles need replacing,and delivery would not be until next year.

OK, good.  Just wanted to make sure you weren't on the road to an expensive mistake.

I have dual Saitek throttles - one yoke and one USB and both are starting to get a bit glitchy as well so I sure hope Saitek get this figured out soon.

Scott