Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Saitek throttles out of stock everywhere?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Saitek TQs are of abysmal quality - I'm on my 3rd set. I'd gladly pay 2-4 times the price for something more solid (like their TPM unit), but maybe demand is too low for Saitek to up the quality.

As for supply, they're becoming very hard to get by, which might be a tell sign of the FS market in general.

Man, if you guys still need PM me, I think I have 3 or 4 of them laying around lol...  They may have been painted brown for my old Boeing style flightdeck but they should all be somewhere around the house and still work lol.

Heck, $20 + shipping :) 

I've been following this news for awhile. I ordered 2 throttle quads from Amazon on December 17, and was told they were out of stock and I'd be notified as soon as they were available. I went to My Pilot Store, where I found this message:

STOCK STATUS: Out of Stock. There is a massive, world-wide, back-order situation on all Saitek Pro Flight merchandise.  All orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.  Order now to reserve your spot in line. You will not be charged until the order ships and you can cancel at any time prior to shipment.  Orders placed now are expected to be shipped in 6 to 12 weeks.

So I contacted Saitek directly, and was told, "late January, early February." Well, here it is, the end of February and no joy. Saitek hasn't replied to my latest query, so I'm wondering if they're in some kind of trouble. I was going to buy the CH quad, but they look like crap, and the throws look like they might be a couple of inches max. I guess I'll also be looking for a different product. There are some Saitek quads available from EU and Japan, if you want to pay $160 USD apiece for them. No thanks.

The Saitek product line has enough positive characteristics that it could surely be sold off to some other entity.  Last contact I had with them about a week ago is that they are at least for Saitek products contracting with and moving production from one factory to another in China. We could guess all day and night about what that might indicate.  Evading creditors? Circumventing bankruptcy for the specific product line in China? (China in regard to bankruptcy is much different from what exists worldwide, especially when non-Chinese creditors are involved);  Lowering production costs? Selling or spinning off the product line?  Who only knows?

WAS! (wait and see)!

Just this morning, I received the latest guess-timate from Saitek on the throttle quadrants. They are now expecting product to be available sometime in May. I wonder if that would be the "July" part of May, or maybe the September part of May.

And so I ask my Avsim family for advice. Aside from the CH set, which I am not too thrilled with right now, is there any comparable product out there that won't cost me more than my mortgage?

All suggestions will be humbly received.

• Upvote 1

Just this morning, I received the latest guess-timate from Saitek on the throttle quadrants. They are now expecting product to be available sometime in May. I wonder if that would be the "July" part of May, or maybe the September part of May.

And so I ask my Avsim family for advice. Aside from the CH set, which I am not too thrilled with right now, is there any comparable product out there that won't cost me more than my mortgage?

All suggestions will be humbly received.

Gary,

There is another related topic (recent) with more fodder to feed on.  Report is that production is moving to a different factory. Someone seemingly holding themselves out as possibly an insider chimed in that wireless controls may be coming. Who only knows!

Gary,

There is another related topic (recent) with more fodder to feed on.  Report is that production is moving to a different factory. Someone seemingly holding themselves out as possibly an insider chimed in that wireless controls may be coming. Who only knows!

I've been on the Saitek site, and also follow their Facebook page. They're gearing up for the newest, latest Space Citizen craze, and are even accepting pre-orders for new controllers and mice. You'd think they're doing a fantastic business. Yet their current product line is being held up?

Where did you find this "latest topic?" I'd love to subscribe to it. Wireless? It's the right idea. Right now, anyone seriously into computing is using at least one powered multi-port USB hub. I personally need two 7-port hubs to support all my peripherals. This could get interesting.

So it is now officially late May and nothing appears to have changed in regard to product availability anywhere.  Anyone heard anything recent?

Yeh! Keep they moving the goal posts.  Always 70 American football yards away. Just too far for any attempt at a winning field goal!  Even in Denver!

I ended up buying the full throttle and yoke, just to  have the throttles. What a situation to be in. It cost only €30 more since the throttles and shipping was near to €90 alone. Jeez.

There will always be steady supply of used on ebay (eventually) 

I ended up buying the full throttle and yoke, just to  have the throttles. What a situation to be in. It cost only €30 more since the throttles and shipping was near to €90 alone. Jeez.

I have that setup, but want throttles only, as the combo requires that the yoke be attached, too.

Would like to know what really happened here...

This is from the Saitek website. They appear to be unaware of their own lack of stock. Laughable! :rolleyes:

SaitekThrottles.png

• Upvote 1

No one wants them apparently, been trying to sell mine at almost free price for months now.

No one wants them apparently, been trying to sell mine at almost free price for months now.

Just PMd you. Might be interested.

A couple of days ago Mad Catz told me the throttle quadrants will be available in the USA late summer.

I see that the Cessna Yoke and Pro Flight pedals have recently returned to stock on Amazon.

If you look more closely you may find that they are not in stock at Amazon. They are listed on Amazon as being sold and shipped from Madcatz. Would be interesting to hear the results if someone ordered one.

Mad Catz sells solely through Amazon. They do not have their own store. As expected they are sold out already.

Lost faith. Tomorrow will mark a year since I decided to add a second quadrant. One whole twelve months with no supply.......  Not to mention their three month delay in providing Windows 10 drivers.

I cant believe that one of these USB throttle quadrants went for over $300 on eBay a couple of days ago.