Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Saitek throttles out of stock everywhere?

I cant believe that one of these USB throttle quadrants went for over $300 on eBay a couple of days ago.

Fools money!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

These things aren't worth a dollar, IMHO.  Have 2 of them myself, and 2 of them I (regretably) recommended to a customer - all of which now are defective to one degree or another.  After taking one apart and attempting to clean the pots, I can see why they're so prone to failure, they're poorly constructed and with the flimsiest of materials.  Too bad there isn't a middle-of-the-road option for flight simmers, you know, one that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars but actually has a chance of lasting more than a year or two.  

These things aren't worth a dollar, IMHO.  Have 2 of them myself, and 2 of them I (regretably) recommended to a customer - all of which now are defective to one degree or another.  After taking one apart and attempting to clean the pots, I can see why they're so prone to failure, they're poorly constructed and with the flimsiest of materials.  Too bad there isn't a middle-of-the-road option for flight simmers, you know, one that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars but actually has a chance of lasting more than a year or two.  

I think they must be well priced as market forces have been in play and Saitek gear has thrived all these years. I keep a can of electronic contact cleaner handy and spray down in the throttle and it always cleans out the dirt/grime and good as new again

I bought my Saitek Pro Yoke and throttles back in Nov 2008 and everything is still working fine. I don't take things apart to clean them because there was nothing in the instructions telling me I should do that.

I cannot believe Saitek throttles are still unavailable. This decision to withdraw them has to be one of the worst of any flight sim company. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Not just foot but knee and leg too! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Having the same issues; my pro flight yoke is finally fading after 8 years of good use. Unfortunately, I can't find a suitable replacement. Is anyone else in the same boat who can recommend a good yoke? I don't think CH will fit my needs as it looks to "spacey" for me....

Have had one on order from PC Aviator now for 6 months, received an e-mail from them the other day saying that they should be available in August. Have just managed to buy one privately for a very reasonable price, at well below the retail cost. So they have lost another customer. Pathetic service!!!.     Have never had a problem with any of my other Saitek gear, so far.

Has there been any form of public statement from Saitek over this debacle?

Has there been any form of public statement from Saitek over this debacle?

I built a simulator a while back for a flight school located at the airport where I work.  A few months later, they acquired a BE55 Baron and wanted to add that plane to their simulated hangar, complete with double-throttle config, so I ordered a pair of Saitek throttle quadrants for them.  Four months later, they were still "coming in a couple of weeks", as they had been since my first inquiry following non-receipt...  I finally reached someone at MadCatz who admitted that they have switched manufacturers and were having trouble with quality control (as if it could get any worse, IMHO...).  At that time, I was told it would be about four months, IIRC, till they were expected to begin shipping again.  I think that was at least five months ago....

Thanks Drizzle. Why they stopped manufacturing in the first place surprises me. For the price they offer excellent value.

How difficult can it be to manufacturer? We're not talking space shuttle parts. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Did somebody get new info about their availability in the meantime?

I mean it's now almost mid of August and still I don't see them getting available again in the stores...

Best regards

Andreas

I sent an email to MadCatz a couple of days ago and I got a reply saying they'll have it in stock in September...Hopefully, I can get mine this time...I've been wanting to buy another one since May 2015......

I sent them an email around May and they told me August. I guess if you email them September they will say October.

I have given up with these guys and come to the realization that there are way better products out there. It seems like the Virtual Fly throttle is the way to go. Although at a significantly higher price point. I guess as with anything you get what you pay for.

I have a VirtualFly TQ6 on order for the end of this month... I gave up on attempting to source a pair of the USB throttle quadrants months ago...

A

I wish they'd just "come clean" and say what's really going on.

I wish they'd just "come clean" and say what's really going on.

They will.. in September.

I have two of these usb bad boys for sale here in classifieds make me an offer otherwise they will be going to ebay soon

Quick question mates, can I still use my Pro Flight Yoke with another throttle quadrant? of another company like the CH 6 lever throttle? 

Quick question mates, can I still use my Pro Flight Yoke with another throttle quadrant? of another company like the CH 6 lever throttle? 

Yes but has to be usb and these are - you cant find these only the ps2 connector 

I'm doing exatly that, finally hooked up a GF-TQ6 I bought months ago coupled to a Saitek Pro Yoke, calibrated and all that through FSUIPC, works great. Works well if you set it with FSX/P3D as well.

Saving up for VF Yoko now...

Greg

Sure. As long as it has a USB connector. Take a look at the Go Flight or Virtual Fly TQ6.

This year?

You misread... He was replying that's when they'll "come clean", not when the product will be in stock...

It might just be me but $600 for a throttle quadrant is insane.