Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Saitek throttles out of stock everywhere?

These guys still listing Saitek's throttle for $60 USD...of course with the standard "Orders placed now are expected to be shipped in 6 to 12 weeks."

If we're lucky...

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/5472?gclid=CNW4x8mV4s4CFQJZhgodNSkLsg

There's obviously something going on with the company that took over Saitek. Normally when this kind of situation goes on for an extended period, at some point the company just disappears one day. That would be a shame since Saitek made a decent product at a reasonable price.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's obviously something going on with the company that took over Saitek. Normally when this kind of situation goes on for an extended period, at some point the company just disappears one day. That would be a shame since Saitek made a decent product at a reasonable price.

Indeed, it seems already a shame.

Wondering...has anyone in 2016 received a new throttle quadrant from Saitek through a vendor?

Bueller?  

Here in Greece the product has been out since May 2015. No companies here have listed as available, in fact they have removed it completely from their lists. I can't begin to imagine how much i'm going to have to pay for delivery costs and import fees........  :mad:

Sure. As long as it has a USB connector. Take a look at the Go Flight or Virtual Fly TQ6.

I tried my X 52 throttle quadrant with it and it does not work. It has a usb connector on a powered usb hub

Yes but has to be usb and these are - you cant find these only the ps2 connector 

amazon has the ps2 connector 

amazon has the ps2 connector 

Nobody wants the PS2 versions - the PS2 versions only work with a yoke - having a usb version works on its own and also comes up as a separate controller in your sim - the PS2 version doesnt its locked with in the yoke - thats why I bough usb versions I was having issues with the one attached to the yoke PS2 version 

Guys the item is in stock on Amazon.com now BUT it doesn't ship to Greece...I am not sure about other countries... -.- god dammit I really want it, why is Mad Catz doing this? I see that it's out of stock in the UK Amazon as well...

Thanks for the tip. Just placed one on order. We'll see what happens here!

Guys the item is in stock on Amazon.com now BUT it doesn't ship to Greece...I am not sure about other countries... -.- god dammit I really want it, why is Mad Catz doing this? I see that it's out of stock in the UK Amazon as well...

Thanks for the tip. Just placed one on order. We'll see what happens here!

Guys you seem to be missing something from what I can tell they are posting it with later dates and keep changing these dates - in stock no way - just a place holder Folks

Frank your going to have a long wait my friend - nobody has had them for a long time now - I think I will keep one of the Quadrants I am selling as these things are like gold now

Guys you seem to be missing something from what I can tell they are posting it with later dates and keep changing these dates - in stock no way - just a place holder Folks

Frank your going to have a long wait my friend - nobody has had them for a long time now - I think I will keep one of the Quadrants I am selling as these things are like gold now

Check again. Status now says "in stock". Got an Amazon order confirmation.  Much different than previous when it showed none in stock and estimated availability date usually 90 days out and no order could be placed.   Is to be shipped from Matcatz with free shipping. Order confirmation from Amazon states estimated delivery date of Friday, Sept 2.  

Now as you could well expect I do have doubt, so will see what happens.  First indication will be if it ships. To meet the estimated delivery date it will have to ship immediately.

FWIW, MadCatz storefront on Amazon also lists 5 rudder pedals in stock.

FWIW, MadCatz storefront on Amazon also lists 5 rudder pedals in stock.

Hope it works out for you Frank  :wink:

I just recently purchased rudder pedals at Amazon. They were previously available at a reasonable price. I purchased CH pedals but I hate them. Checked Amazon 1 day and was considering over paying but to my surprise they had them available. I will keep an eye out for throttles to have back ups.

OOOh I see they are available. I am ordering a back up.

https://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Three-Throttle-Quadrant-PZ45/dp/B000TCEU4Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472602073&sr=8-1&keywords=saitek+throttle

I just recently purchased rudder pedals at Amazon. They were previously available at a reasonable price. I purchased CH pedals 

Good find looks legit :wink:  

Hope it works out for you Frank  :wink:

Holding my breath Richard. (and its been more than four minutes, LOL)  No shipping confirmation yet!

Holding my breath Richard. (and its been more than four minutes, LOL)  No shipping confirmation yet!

Good one Frank looks like it will be ok - weird came out of nowhere the availability 

Oh Richard. So here we go....  Checked order status today at Amazon. Still says preparing to ship, but the arriving date has changed from Sept 2nd to between Sept 6th & 9th.  Item page on Amazon now says "Only 6 left in stock....."

I have had my order in with Amazon since June 3rd. My order still says delivery date unknown.

Oh Richard. So here we go....  Checked order status today at Amazon. Still says preparing to ship, but the arriving date has changed from Sept 2nd to between Sept 6th & 9th.  Item page on Amazon now says "Only 6 left in stock....."

I have had my order in with Amazon since June 3rd. My order still says delivery date unknown.

Sorry guys to hear that new it was a place holder at Amazon - that long wait statement might be so true - see if you can get your money back - they have your money now and you dont know if you will ever see it

I placed an order this afternoon and choose "2-day shipping".

It is currently showing as "shipped" with a tracking number and delivery date of Friday, Sept 2. 

I got home and checked and also found my status is now Shipped and have a Fedex tracking number!

Mine is also flagged as shipped by Amazon.

EDIT - and they're all out of stock again.

Fedex Tracking:

Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel.

Don't I just have to love the suspense!  Is this perhaps an overzealous ATC ground hold?  LOL!