Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Saitek throttles out of stock everywhere?

Hello,

Try AviationMegastore.com in the Netherlands.

I wish you a lot of success,

Ben

Ben Rikken, The Netherlands

Try AviationMegastore.com in the Netherlands.

"Temporarily out of stock".

What is going on???

It has been like this for months.  New product coming out but delayed?  Any industry rumours?

Bryn

Hey Jude,

Are you a long time in the Flight Sim game yourself? I only got serious about 8 or 9 months ago

Let's just say my first sim was on an AMD K6-460 :)

What got me hooked was F16 Combat Pilot for the Amiga and the Microprose F16. Move from there to the Airbus A320 for the Amiga back in 1991. Hooked ever since.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 and P3D v5 hotfix 2  🙂

System specs: Windows 10  Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-2070, 32GB RAM  1X 1TB M2 for X-Plane 11, 1x 500GB SSD for P3Dv5, 1x256GB SSD for OS. Alpha-tester for FS2020

Seriously, no other company in the world seems to be short of cheap plastic? What are Saitek playing at? Especially in the run up to Christmas.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 10  Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-2070, 32GB RAM  1X 1TB M2 for X-Plane 11, 1x 500GB SSD for P3Dv5, 1x256GB SSD for OS. Alpha-tester for FS2020

In the end I ordered the Proflight Yoke system just to get the throttles.

It cost me about the same since I had some vouchers from amazon. Not a very good way of doing business though.

Jude Bradley

In the end I ordered the Proflight Yoke system just to get the throttles.

It cost me about the same since I had some vouchers from amazon. Not a very good way of doing business though.

You do realize that the throttles that come with Saitek yokes are different I hope.  They come with a PS2 style connector which only works when plugged into the yoke so they must be used together.

Scott

Yes, I have both, the throttles need replacing,and delivery would not be until next year.

Jude Bradley

OK, good.  Just wanted to make sure you weren't on the road to an expensive mistake.

I have dual Saitek throttles - one yoke and one USB and both are starting to get a bit glitchy as well so I sure hope Saitek get this figured out soon.

Scott

The Saitek TQs are of abysmal quality - I'm on my 3rd set. I'd gladly pay 2-4 times the price for something more solid (like their TPM unit), but maybe demand is too low for Saitek to up the quality.

As for supply, they're becoming very hard to get by, which might be a tell sign of the FS market in general.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Jude Bradley

Man, if you guys still need PM me, I think I have 3 or 4 of them laying around lol...  They may have been painted brown for my old Boeing style flightdeck but they should all be somewhere around the house and still work lol.

Heck, $20 + shipping :) 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I've been following this news for awhile. I ordered 2 throttle quads from Amazon on December 17, and was told they were out of stock and I'd be notified as soon as they were available. I went to My Pilot Store, where I found this message:

STOCK STATUS: Out of Stock. There is a massive, world-wide, back-order situation on all Saitek Pro Flight merchandise.  All orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.  Order now to reserve your spot in line. You will not be charged until the order ships and you can cancel at any time prior to shipment.  Orders placed now are expected to be shipped in 6 to 12 weeks.

So I contacted Saitek directly, and was told, "late January, early February." Well, here it is, the end of February and no joy. Saitek hasn't replied to my latest query, so I'm wondering if they're in some kind of trouble. I was going to buy the CH quad, but they look like crap, and the throws look like they might be a couple of inches max. I guess I'll also be looking for a different product. There are some Saitek quads available from EU and Japan, if you want to pay $160 USD apiece for them. No thanks.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

28%
    $7,100.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now