Hi folks,

this post will be a summary of frequently asked questions. Be sure to check in here if you are having difficulties getting the aviaCDU running.

• What is PMDG's view on this app? Is it violating their license agreement? Is there a risk it will be removed from AVSIM?
    • I have been in contact with PMDG through-out the development of this app and have confirmation from their side that the technology used to access their data is in line with their EULA. There are some requirements that need to be met, like opting-in to their license agreement. As long as these are met, you should be on the safe side.
  • What browser do you recommend?
    • I think the most native browser should work best:
      • Chrome on Android
      • Safari on iOS
      • Edge on Windows
    • Having said that, Chrome will typically work on all platforms and is verified to work well with the app.
  • On my PC, I can connect to the server. However, I can't connect from my tablet / phone
    • First of all, make sure WiFi is active!

• Make sure you are trying to connect to the correct IP address. The IP you are trying to connect to should be similar to the IP address of your mobile device.

• If you are using a firewall software other than the built-in solution, make sure you add an exception to it! Either allow all traffic to SimServer.exe or add the necessary ports: 32111 up to and including 32118

• All connectivity issues reported so far could be resolved by verifying above items.
  • I can't see any text in the CDU. The connection seems ok but all I see is a black screen.
    • As funny as it sounds, but make sure the aircraft is powered up! There have been a few reports where users couldn't get things working and it turned out they were sitting in a cold & dark ship...
  • The top bar in my device's browser is annoying. Can I make the app feel more 'native'?
  • I get a warning 'Could not verify correct version of ...'. Why?
    • aviaCDU requires the updated version of the NGX and 777X. For the NGX, either SP1C or SP1D is required. Please note - the Service Pack provided by PMDG is NOT an update per se - it is a full installer. Installing the Service Pack over your existing installation WILL NOT update the product! You need to uninstall the product and then install ONLY the SP1D. This is documented by PMDG and is also described in their forums.
    • To verify you have the latest version installed, go ahead and check if the weather radar is working. The weather radar panel is located below the cargo fire system. If the buttons are functional (you can click them), then you have at least SP1D installed. DON'T mistake the EFIS WXR button next to the MCP as proof - this was available with version 1.0. You really need to check the weather radar control panel on the pedestal.
Edited by marcom

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

I am pretty sure I have SP 1c for the 737NGX  but it doesnt have radar. will your system work with that?

Hi Len,

yes, SP1C is sufficient. Make sure you test the free version before purchasing to be on the safe side (input won't work, but as long as you can see the text displayed, it will work once you purchase).

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

On 8/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, r_flo15 said:

HI, is this software still active/under maintenance?

Absolutely. The last version was released just a few months ago offering a Remote Overhead Panel for the PMDG 747.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Good Morning, recently purchased the PMDG 737 NGXU with no 2d Overhead panel. I want to acquire the SimServer remote overhead panel. As I have multi monitors, how do I run the remote on the same PC as my P3dV4.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:51 AM, Keitha56 said:

Good Morning, recently purchased the PMDG 737 NGXU with no 2d Overhead panel. I want to acquire the SimServer remote overhead panel. As I have multi monitors, how do I run the remote on the same PC as my P3dV4.

Hi Keitha,

in theory that should work, you would however lose focus of your P3D application whenever you make an input. I'm not sure how P3D behaves in that case (I believe you can make some adjustments for that, ex having sound enabled). But I don't have first hand experience with this so I believe you'll need to try.

Good thing is you can try the free version before deciding to purchase it.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

On 11/19/2019 at 10:15 AM, marcom said:

Hi Keitha,

in theory that should work, you would however lose focus of your P3D application whenever you make an input. I'm not sure how P3D behaves in that case (I believe you can make some adjustments for that, ex having sound enabled). But I don't have first hand experience with this so I believe you'll need to try.

Good thing is you can try the free version before deciding to purchase it.

Regards

Mark

Morning Mark

Thank you for feedback. My overhead does work, just a pity about the size and the black border to the right. I do lose focus on P3D, but I do not run on full screen but stretch it. Sound does go lower when busy on the overhead panel, but just mouse click back on P3d when finished. I did send an email wrt the black border and CDU not operating with touch on a monitor fitted to the same PC. Thank you for your reply, the Overhead Panel works great.

Morning Mark, just some feedback on my previous query wrt the CDU being used on the touch screen fitted to the same PC. The “touch” does not work for the CDU, but if I pull the ovhd to that screen all the buttons work with touch. When using my iPhone the CDU works. Im doing something wrong.

4 hours ago, Keitha56 said:

Morning Mark, just some feedback on my previous query wrt the CDU being used on the touch screen fitted to the same PC. The “touch” does not work for the CDU, but if I pull the ovhd to that screen all the buttons work with touch. When using my iPhone the CDU works. Im doing something wrong.

Hi,

what browser and O/S are you using?

Did you install all the drivers for that touch screen?

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Im using Chrome but tried Firefox as well. O/S is Windows 10. All drivers are installed. All touch screen functions operate, even using the Ovhd Panel on this screen.  

Hello Mark, not sure whether this question was already asked. Is there the intention that aviaCDU will be compatible also for MSFS after PMDG, Aerosoft etc. updated their Aircrafts in the near future? Thank you. Patrick

On 8/19/2020 at 6:59 AM, skippie2 said:

Hello Mark, not sure whether this question was already asked. Is there the intention that aviaCDU will be compatible also for MSFS after PMDG, Aerosoft etc. updated their Aircrafts in the near future? Thank you. Patrick

Hi Patrick,

you can expect aviaServer coming to MSFS in a new version. But my impression is that it will take a little time until high fidelity aircraft addons will become available.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark,

for sure it will take time, as PMDG expect their first releases in 2021. It was more a general question whether there are MSFS plans for aviaCDU. Thanks for your response.