Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

Please.

Guest kingairvols

This a real bad one, LOL. But in the TV Show "Wings", I used th think the plane was a Beech Baron 58, However, I was told it was a Cessna. If so what twin Cessna is it and also, is it equal to the Baron 58 in terms of speed and runway lenght needed. I can guess which Cessna twin the aircraft is or I can "fess up" amd just say I am not sure.Also, please, is the plane we are discussing free-ware, pay-ware, or what. Thanks for any info.Mark.

Guest kingairvols

Know one is sure of the Cessna in the TV show, "wings"? I know this is not that important, but its just one of those questions in my mind that I can't figure out.Thanks.

Guest farmer

Everything I find on Google refers to a Cessna 402. 421 is close.

Its been a long time since I watched that show, or much TV at all for that matter. However, it was mostly likely a 400 series Cessna, probably a 404, I don't think they ever mentioned it specifically in the show. There is at least one in the FS2002 library here at Avsim. Small twins aren't my thing so there might be more out there.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/258411/L/

Guest kingairvols

Hey, Thank you both and any others who offer there thoughts. As was mentioned above, I also do not watch a lot of TV. For family reasons the past few weeks I have not "gotten a whole lot of sleep". Thus, with the aid of the remote I saw "a plane",so guess where I left the channel at. Also, they still do not have Discovery wings yet, but they advertise alot (or at least this week they have) and as not a big TV fan, I wonder what this particular network offers.Also, as you can find in the BFU forum, I have (for what ever the reason, we can all assume its, my mistake, "I would not bet the other way",) but not being able to connect to others as to fly on-line I have been hitting the TV switch on the remote. But thats a different subject matter, however all help is, well recived. Not the best way to go with the TV but hey!, I am not perfect.Any way it looks a lot like a Baron 58 (we understand it is not) I just wander the performance of the Baron and the actual plane we are discussing from Cessna.I sure do thank those for the help in an effort to gain some knowledge on the subject matter.Take care.Mark.P.S. Is it possible the (hang in there with me here), what I call the "grip tape, or walk way or better yet the strip of black tape close to the dooor along the top of the wing. The other way to attempt to communicate this is to say, there would not be a warning that states "no Step". AKA, the way to the seat. I am just courious if the different aircraft builders put the "dare we say the grip tape" on the same side of the plane or dose that differ.Sorry for going on so long, I guess I need a bit of rest. Any way everyone please take care.Mark.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all,Having had a 421, I'm sure it was a 400 series of some vintage. A hollywood friend of mine said it was a 414 which flew, and an old 404 which was dismanteled from time to time, as you know the mechanic,(his name escapes me right now), was always tinkering with the aircraft and taking something apart with terrible results..Best,Clay

Guest kingairvols

Why was the it always ending up with "terrible results".Also, if you would please, is the performace of the Cessna's being discussed in this thread anythinng like the Baron 58 that is in the FS09 package?.Thank you.Mark.PS, To the administrator in the forum that moved this, Sorry for the placement in the wrong area. I just know the general area seems to recive the most responces when tring to get some info. I hope others can find this area. You have a nice forum with many departments, I am thinking some may not see the intructions, or for what ever reason get a little mixxed up. I know for myself, at times I get "stuck in the mudd", (LOL). Agian, I will try to be more alert to where I post messages in the forum.Mark.