Sign in to follow this  
blueairone70

direct 9

Because all the dx9 code is included in Win 10. There is no need to install dx9 to get FSX to work with Win 10. Do not believe everything you read on the internet.

Because all the DirectX 9.0c code is not included in Windows 10. As you state, do not believe everything you read on the internet.

I had a new system built last January, it had Win8.1 installed and I installed FSX:SE. It never had FSX installed. Everything worked fine with FSX:SE till I upgraded to Win 10. Now FSX:SE crashes or freezes after a few minutes under dx9. I switched over to dx10 mode (along with fixer) and it runs fine. I did a DxDiag on my system and it shows that I have dx 9.1 - 12.1 and that is after running the  Dx redist in the FSX:SE folder. I'm also running a Nvidia card.

My question would be if there if there anything to this Dx 9.0c thing. I would think 9.1 is good enough. I haven't come across any fixes for this issue.

I'm happy to run in Dx 10 mode except for some of the incompatability issues. Like lossing the FLIR, NVG with VRS's Superbug F-18. And some lighting issues.