Sign in to follow this  
Cees Donker

If you think about buying an addon from the Steamtore....

Ok, won´t waste my time in that path of nonsense argument. But the point is made to normal FS addon buyers.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

If something is is not listed it is safe to conclude that it is not included, that is the point.

Go to this page: http://store.steampo...com/app/343953/

It´s the oficial F16 Steam DLC page. Now tell me that you find the information about the lack of the repaints easy?

It's very easy to find itbecause it's obvious that it doesn't include any repaints. You foolishly thought it would have to same repaints as Aerosoft - Belgium, Chile, Denmark, Egypt, Greece, Italian, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Taiwan, Turkey, USA, and Venezuela. Or perhaps you thought the Steam Edition should list the repaints that might have been listed?

EDIT

Ok, won´t waste my time in that path of nonsense argument. But the point is made to normal FS addon buyers.

No, the point is made to foolish buyers who can't be bothered what they buy.

Something says to me that your "obvious situation" is current because it was not with you when the situation happened. So easy pointing fingers now when you read about it. And no, it´s not obvious of anything you said. Complete the oposite. Anyway, with bad mannered words and attacking posts it make diffcult to debate something here.

@Cees: I hope you get your money back. For me, i rest my case and i´ll stay with the plane because i managed to make it work. Good luck.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

IMO, it's reasonable enough to assume that a certain developer's product is the same in every shop, no matter what shop you are looking at: If I buy the Aerosoft Falcon from the Aerosoft shop, it is exactly the same same title I would get by buying, for example, from Flightsimstore or PCAviator. The only exception to this is DTG/Steam.

DoveTail Games have made it a habit to sell "lighter" or "reduced" products in the Steam shop. This policy is becoming even more important with more developers starting to sell over there (like ORBX):

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102906-exclusive-preview-of-orbx-friday-harbor-at-adx/?p=929760

Thank you for raising the community's awareness of this.

IMO, it's reasonable enough to assume that a certain developer's product is the same in every shop, no matter what shop you are looking at: If I buy the Aerosoft Falcon from the Aerosoft shop, it is exactly the same same title I would get by buying, for example, from Flightsimstore or PCAviator. The only exception to this is DTG/Steam.

DoveTail Games have made it a habit to sell "lighter" or "reduced" products in the Steam shop. This policy is becoming even more important with more developers starting to sell over there (like ORBX):

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102906-exclusive-preview-of-orbx-friday-harbor-at-adx/?p=929760

Thank you for raising the community's awareness of this.

I tend to look at it as "convenience".  There may be some folks out there who buy FSX:SE through Steam and notice the DLC content is right there, conveniently available, and they go ahead and check off what sounds good, but not realizing that they could purchase the same products at the developer or another retail site, install it just fine and also get a little bit more.

It's a marketing tactic I guess.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

One car lot may sell a car with white walled tires, another lot down the street may sell the very same car with black walled tires.

Best Buy might sell a certain video card, Microcenter might sell the very same video card but include a bundled game or a rebate.

As an educated consumer it is up to me to pay attention and comparison shop.

DoveTail Games have made it a habit to sell "lighter" or "reduced" products in the Steam shop.

Actually I am sure that it is the developers or owners of the product who are only releasing cut down versions for "Steam Edition" release as DLC. I think this is for two reasons:

First, they don't get very much income from the DLC method (unless it sells is really huge numbers, which is questionable) -- both DTG and Steam have the bigger slices of the pie -- so they cannot afford for the DLC to undercut their normal direct sales, and:

Second, I think they may see this as a way of attracting more customers to view and purchase their main/full products, or at least add-ons (like liveries in this case). In other words the sort of marketing method of "loss leaders" to get customers.

I think that both are reasonable methods for commercial companies to use. All three parties, the originators/owners, DTG and Steam gain something from these arrangements.

It looks like what went wrong in this case is simply that the add-on livery installation did not work correctly with the Steam edition. I'm sure Aerosoft are just as embarrassed by this as Cees is annoyed, but it looks like it is up to Aerosoft to correct it, and, further, it looks like Mathijs Kok has agreed to try to get it fixed.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

It looks like what went wrong in this case is simply that the add-on livery installation did not work correctly with the Steam edition. I'm sure Aerosoft are just as embarrassed by this as Cees is annoyed, but it looks like it is up to Aerosoft to correct it, and, further, it looks like Mathijs Kok has agreed to try to get it fixed.

There are no additional liveries with the F16 Steam Edition. The F16 advertised features don't include those liveries.

Ces Donker, and the others, got exactly what they paid for and has justification for a about a refund from Steam.

Aerosoft has offered  free add-on liveries and found they don't work on  some customers machines. As of yesterday Aerosoft has not been able to get any issue. Given the whining and abuse Aerosoft got it might have second thoughts about offering anything free. Wouldn't you?

Second, I think they may see this as a way of attracting more customers to view and purchase their main/full products, or at least add-ons (like liveries in this case). In other words the sort of marketing method of "loss leaders" to get customers.

I'm sure Aerosoft are just as embarrassed by this ....

From what I know Pete, the liveries are not able to be included in the original download due to legalities with including nations liveries on Steam, not because it was to be "watered down".

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

From what I know Pete, the liveries are not able to be included in the original download due to legalities with including nations liveries on Steam, not because it was to be "watered down".

Ah, that makes sense too. The "watering down" (or rather "slightly restricted") policy does seem to be applied by some contributors (or intending contributors), though., not to mention names.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft said on 13 may 2015:

The version of the F-16 sold by Dovetail comes with generic liveries. This was the only way this product could be offered on STEAM.

However, of course we will be offering a update pack (free of charge of course) for the buyers of the STEAM. This is currently being tested and will be available next week (after May 18).

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95246-f-16-fighting-falcon-steam-edition-missing-liveries/

Makes some sort of sense really..

I have always thought that DTG was targeting their own gaming market, with a re-release of a 9 year old sim, as a teaser to see what interest there would be in releasing their own game. Remember, DTG releases via Steam - largest game distributor out there.

This makes sense in them releasing a 'slim' version of an add-on, also for the reasons given above, also with DLC's being an easy way to get add-ons for their target market.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I have won the dispute. I dropped a complaint at PP, with arguments, and they ruled in my favor and I'm getting my money back. Dovetail and Steam were both deaf for my complaints and arguments, that's why I went public in the first place. Having satisfied customers is obviously not important to them. I have learned a few important lessons. First: I read all the posts in this thread and I can't say I'm happy with the pejorative tone some people take in this discussion. (I appreciate the moderator, who is doing a great job putting things in  perspective, and correcting people that make patronizing remarks.) Secondy: I won't buy anymore addons as DLC from Steam.   

That wraps it up.

Cees

Quote : "

I have won the dispute. I dropped..........  

That wraps it up.

Cees"

Hi Cees,

:Applause: Good news ! sometimes it's good to remind to some corporations that their rules they decide  are not the rule.

And fortunately there is not just passive, submissive consumers !

Kinds Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|