Nice shots; Aerobask's Epic is one my favorites in XP!

Nice scenery too....

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

great shots!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I believe Austin owns one of these IRL, right ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok, I have to try X-Plane again, even though it will take me months of tweaking to achieve a sim like this.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Why months? Most of what you see here can be achieved inside of an hour.

Well I guess it takes several hours to download all the "top 10 best freeware add ons" for once. And I remember spending several hours on making TrackIR work OK. 

Months was of course an exaggeration but it is what I feel I have to go through :wink:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Well, if you feel you need all of the top ten add-ons to make the sim work for you, then who am I to argue.

However, The results you see above look to include photo scenery and World2XP. That's it.

This is freeware airport scenery from the .Org and UHD mesh

FJS_732_TwinJet_4.png

This is just UHD mesh and nothing else.

LES_Saab_340A_4.png

I think my point is, it seems the impression is you need a ton of addons and tweaking to get this sim to look great and this really isn't the case at all. Yes this sim can look truly ghastly in some areas but then so do the other offerings without 3PD addons

Thank you all for the comments ! :smile:

I think my point is, it seems the impression is you need a ton of addons and tweaking to get this sim to look great and this really isn't the case at all.

+1000

You're right. With the default scenery in X-Plane 10, I could already recognize my small village in France, with all the streets, railways, forests, rivers, lakes, and power lines. I never had this quality by default in other flight simulators except in newer versions of FlightGear.

With the HD mesh by AlpilotX it became even better with more details and newer data from OpenStreetMap. It's donation-ware, but you can also download the files for free. Since X-Plane 9, I already had very good add-on sceneries thanks to great free tools like XPOSM and OSM2XP bringing you the roads and buildings at their real places. Since last year with World2XPlane it's even more than awesome. I'm now always using photo sceneries + World2XPlane files for all the places I know, and where I expect very realistic sceneries. For the rest of the world where I don't care about the precise position of every single house, for basic VFR or IFR, the default "plausible" scenery is very good.

Back to the topic... :dance: I hope the certification of the Epic E1000 will be a success:

http://aviationweek.com/oshkosh-2015/epic-aircraft-s-e1000-prepares-certification

http://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft/turboprops/epic-e1000-certification-expected-next-year

I believe Austin owns one of these IRL, right ?

I thought Austin had first a Cirrus SR-22, now he owns a Columbia 400. He's also building a Lancair Evolution.

http://www.x-plane.com/hardware/evo/evo.html