Sign in to follow this  

Yet Another Repaint Topic (Phenom 300)

I added a colored tail and wings to the D-CHIC just for fun. Nice conservative colors and scheme.

Ray

Var of D-CHIC with dark tail and wings N24RM.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

OK Gang. Here is the first of my repaints that you can download. The link will expire in 10 days (sometimes sooner)

http://mbf.me/E3T2W8

Regards,

Ray

D-CHIC_title_1024.jpg

Boy that was quick, a big thank you for this repaint! How about NetJets next, covers various continents/countries with different registrations. 

OK Gang. Here is the first of my repaints that you can download. The link will expire in 10 days (sometimes sooner)

http://mbf.me/E3T2W8

Regards,

Ray

Btw...I'll make sure you get the credit on my next pictorial with this aircraft.

Darryl

Here is the second Phenom 300 repaint available for immediate download. N24RM USA with simple stripes, dark tail and wings.

http://mbf.me/nZH2oF Link expires in 10 days (sometimes sooner)

Enjoy.

Ray

N24RM image_1024.JPG

thumbnail_sml.JPG

I am working on a variation of N24RM - using curved and larger stripes, otherwise about the same. It will be N34RM.

Ray

N34RM gold sml.JPG

I'd like this paint if you could send it to me. I'll PM my email, thanks

All my Carenado Phenom 300 repaints are available at the Avsim Library now. The individual request service was a bear.

Regards,

Ray

I know this topic is quite old, but since I recently purchased the Phenom 300 I also dabbled a little in repainting, trying to get a registration onto the engines. Well, I found this to be a task that I would expect as a punishment in a penal colony.

I would hardly consider the blank textures that Carenado ships for repainters a paint "kit".

However, if I look at the stock repaints that Carenado ships with their product, they have one livery with perfect N-regs on the engines, so clearly they didn't fiddle around as we need to do, but probably had some multi-layered stuff available for photoshop.

Why, o why is Carenado not releasing their layered repainting templates like almost any other major dev studio? It makes repainting so incredibly hard, if not impossible in some cases.

I have not purchased a lot from Carenado so far. Is it their general policy to not release paint kits worth of the name but just provide blank .dds files?

Dave P. Woycek

I know this topic is quite old, but since I recently purchased the Phenom 300 I also dabbled a little in repainting, trying to get a registration onto the engines. Well, I found this to be a task that I would expect as a punishment in a penal colony.

I would hardly consider the blank textures that Carenado ships for repainters a paint "kit".

However, if I look at the stock repaints that Carenado ships with their product, they have one livery with perfect N-regs on the engines, so clearly they didn't fiddle around as we need to do, but probably had some multi-layered stuff available for photoshop.

Why, o why is Carenado not releasing their layered repainting templates like almost any other major dev studio? It makes repainting so incredibly hard, if not impossible in some cases.

I have not purchased a lot from Carenado so far. Is it their general policy to not release paint kits worth of the name but just provide blank .dds files?

Adding a short number is barely possible, but still not to be tried by the faint hearted. I have an N3RM in the Avsim Library. You may be able to use that one along with the one Carenado model to guide you.

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=414173

Best Regards,

Ray

Ray,

thanks for your reply. I did already manage to put some registration on the engines, even longer ones that extend across to the exhaust cone part of the engines.

It can be done, but it requires unduly high effort, with many iterations and a lot of fine tuning by trial and error.

Given the fact that a large part of the existing Phenoms have their reg's put on the engines, it is especially unfortunate that Carenado modeled the engines the way they did.

Regards

Dave

Dave P. Woycek

How do it go with the Netjets Europe repaint?

Still quite a small real amounts of repaints on the Phenom 300 still :(

Hope the Netjets can come soon!

Miss flying it in the EU ;)