Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

COMPLETELY removing the uiautomationcore.dll

Uh, what does that have to do with it?

This menu crashing issue caused by the uiautomationcore.dll only affects 64 bit OS is why I asked.

The uiautomationcore.dll crash has nothing to do with sim settings.

Placing the Vista uiautomationcore.dll in the root FSX folder only fixes onekind of crash, related to clicking on menu items.

Many, many other members here at AVSIM do not have the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx directory and have no problems.

Sure, anyone running XP, Vista or any 32 bit OS will not need it.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I've always suspected incorrect BIOS settings cause uiautomation failures but have never been able to prove it. At any rate if the problem plagues you , just learn the keyboard shortcuts and leave the menus alone. You really shouldn't need to open the menus so much once you are loaded into the sim anyways. You can do most everything from the menus with joystick buttons or keyboard assignments. 

Other stuff can bring down FSX and UiAutomationcore. I would put the UiAutomationcore.dll setup in order; place v6.0.6001.18000 back in the steam FSX-SE program files folder (where you find FSXSEConfig.exe) as DTG intended. Then investigate other possibilities as Steve suggests.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I am with Jim Young, I have never used the famous "uiautomationcore.dll". Never.

Windows 7 x64 Home Premiun and now with the Win 10 x64 Upgrade from 7. Never.

Note: I have still all the old copies of my installed FSX's (including  in XP x32) in 3 external HD's.

Also, I own Deluxe, Gold and SE. Ever as in never installed it. As Jim said, SE has it but I didn't put it there.

Cheers,

I have never used the famous "uiautomationcore.dll". Never.

Never? If you don't have a copy of UiAutomationcore.dll in the FSX folder, when FSX starts up and the dll is not found in the local path, then the system version is loaded instead. You need to be using the FSX in-sim menu a lot to get the problems.

The system version on later o/s is not strictly compatible with FSX or FSX-SE, and as you found, problems do not affect all systems.

You need to be using the FSX in-sim menu a lot to get the problems.

I do use the menu a lot with no "UiAutomationcore.dll" in Windowed and Full Screen mode and never had a problem with crashes because of the menu.

The system version on later o/s is not strictly compatible with FSX or FSX-SE, and as you found, problems do not affect all systems.

I found nothing of the sort. FSX Deluxe works with SP1 + SP2 in my new Windows 10 with no crashes and even less because of the menu. Never even seen it.

If FSX uses the "UiAutomationcore.dll" from the Windows system, I just don't care cause it has never ever crashed because of the menu.

The system version on later o/s is not strictly compatible with FSX or FSX-SE...

I wouldn't agree with that statement either. I do not use the comparability modes to run FSX in previous Windows versions under Windows 10 now.

My FSX is running under full Windows 10 ways with no crashes and event less because of the menu.

Case closed to me...

If FSX uses the "UiAutomationcore.dll" from the Windows system, I just don't care cause it has never ever crashed because of the menu.

Count yourself lucky.

Many people have FSX crash when clicking on menu choices.

If you look at the Windows Event Viewer you will see the faulting module is the uiautomationcore.dll.

This is a common issue with many people, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it never happens for others.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Lucky my foot and I do not deny that others are fixing crashes with this dll file fixer or so it seems. But the fundamental question is why others do not have this problem and they're running FSX just fine. If it was me, I would have been looking to be in the group that doesn't need the fixer and run FSX just fine.

Moving on.

Cheers,   

If it was me, I would have been looking to be in the group that doesn't need the fixer and run FSX just fine.

I am in the group that needs the fix and FSX runs great with it, no more menu crashes.

Since nobody has figured out what to do other than add the Vista version to the root FSX folder, that is good enough for me.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

I put together a computer finally for FSX and have Windows 10 installed.  My sim /was/ stable but when I would slew around to look at scenery, or change airports after I had been at one I would get a crash.  After ruling out any add ons and my anti virus I tried putting uiautomationcore.dll in my main FSX directory.  Immediate results and after two days now no crashes.  Its nice that some people don't need this /fix/ but if I would have taken that advice I would still be pulling my hair out. 

Scott

Pretty sure these files were not developed for FSX or FSX-SE.

"The system version on later o/s is not strictly compatible with FSX or FSX-SE, and as you found, problems do not affect all systems."

I wouldn't agree with that statement either. I do not use the comparability modes to run FSX in previous Windows versions under Windows 10 now.

When I say "incompatible with" I am not talking about Windows "comparability modes" [for apps], do not use comparability modes when running compatible apps like FSX or P3D. Seems you misunderstood my comments in this discussion and the reasons for them.

I used FSX under both XP (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit). - I skipped Vista. I never had uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX directory and never needed it.

I used FSX under both XP (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit). - I skipped Vista. I never had uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX directory and never needed it.

How does that help those that do?

Why do some insist on stating their individual case?

Perhaps mgh and mabe54 should start a new discussion; "Those that need the UiAutomationcore.dll fix and those that don't", and try to find the differences between their systems. That would make sense and be more useful.

CTD's that show UiAutomationcore.dll as the faulting module do not mean it is a faulty module - other stuff causes the CTD.

Some users find they don't need to put a version of UiAutomationcore.dll compatible with FSX in their FSX folder.

If there is no UiAutomationcore.dll found in the FSX program files folder, then the system or WOW UiAutomationcore.dll is loaded.

Try to remove the system UiAutomationcore.dll or the WOW UiAutomationcore.dll and the user will need permissions as Trusted Installer, and it will break applications.