Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

COMPLETELY removing the uiautomationcore.dll

How does that help those that do?

Because it confirms what others have said.  Also,  did this thread help the OP?

Try to remove the system UiAutomationcore.dll or the WOW UiAutomationcore.dll and the user will need permissions as Trusted Installer, and it will break applications.

I once removed it and if I remember right the only application that got broken as a result was some useless default movie editor of Microsoft, otherwise everything worked well.

I haven't deleted it from my current FSX setup though, simply placing uiautomationcore.dll into FSX directory seems to work in this case.

Here is a thought: Maybe the four of us (sorry if I missed someone or more) installed Windows correctly and all its Updates MS throwed at us without exceptions cause we didn't see (careless actually) any conspiracies against the Free World. Actually MS made me LOL when they came out with updates to remove their own updates and still does. Then and only then we installed FSX and afterwards its own updates.

Another thought: Shooting at messengers is a sure way to stop helping messages from coming.

So, do not mind if I keep on flying and having fun like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yMa45L17z4

Here's one just in with a CTD reported from system UiAutomationcore.dll:

FSX CTD, Windows 10, not tweaked

So? It doesn't affect that my system doesn't have this problem - nor, based on the number of posts, the majority of user don't have it either.

So? It doesn't affect that my system doesn't have this problem - nor, based on the number of posts, the majority of user don't have it either.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at with respect to this discussion Gerry. The simple fact remains that some get a CTD and some don't, and it's not a fault in UiAutomationcore.dll.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Without going into too much detail about what UiAutomationcore.dll is for, this library provides access to application user interface objects and events to other .NET applications. So basically it's a set of software functions made available from the dll for the application loading it to use to obtain events and manipulate controls. When we use FSX on Windows 7 and above the versions of UiAutomationcore.dll available on the system are not strictly compatible with FSX, so we use the versions specified above. In most cases these are not used anyway and never present a problem. However some systems with various addons and controllers might exhibit a problem whereby a CTD is shown in the error log to emanate from UiAutomationcore.dll, BEX, and StackHash. By the way, StackHash is when the system is unsure of the location of the error. Using the menu in FSX or simply starting up FSX could invoke part of the simulator to use functions exported from UiAutomationcore.dll. If one of these functions is incompatible then an error and CTD can be a result, most functions are fine. So we might find that some function is being used that simply makes one of the incompatible calls. In these cases placing the proper version of UiAutomationcore.dll into the FSX folder ensures that the call is made to a compatible version. Since UiAutomationcore.dll is not a problem and is not faulty, and makes no problems for the sim, we can simply ensure we place the proper file in our FSX program files folder and forget it. But what if we continue to get problems? Then in that case we have a program that uses UiAutomationcore.dll functionality incorrectly, or fails because of some other symptom or fault, could also be due to a problem in the .NET library.

Cant  see  why  this  is  going on for  since  for  some  users  it helps  and  others  have  no issues,  all depends  on what pc you have  and  what type of  set  up you have. If  it works  with  it  installed  good  and  if  you don't  have it installed  and it  works  good.  So all good  in the long  run :Cuppa:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Cant  see  why  this  is  going on..

Very few understand it. :wink:

Uh, what does that have to do with it?  I do not have the problem.   Others have the problem because they turn their settings up to the max and then blame it on the uiautomationcore.dll.  I had no crashes when I had a 32 bit OS and have had no crashes with a 64 bit OS w/o the uiautomationcore.dll in my main fsx directory.  Many, many other members here at AVSIM do not have the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx directory and have no problems. 

Best regards,

Actually this fix originated with a problem with Windows Vista (Which I still run - Don't ask! :lol:) Without it any attempt to enter the FSX menu would result in  lockup. (FSX-SE version doesn't have this issue.) I agree though I would never touch the one in the Windows system32 folder, and I don't think it's the cause of other types of CTD's

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Actually this fix originated with a problem with Windows Vista (Which I still run - Don't ask! :lol:) Without it any attempt to enter the FSX menu would result in  lockup. (FSX-SE version doesn't have this issue.) I agree though I would never touch the one in the Windows system32 folder, and I don't think it's the cause of other types of CTD's

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post.  I had Windows Vista too and never ran into this problem with the menu's freezing up.  I do believe it has something to do with the horsepower of your computer system though as the uiautomationcore.dll is used for management of memory for your application.  You have been a very active member here for a long time and I have the utmost respect for you but think it is time for you to upgrade Windows...  :smile:  

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So TL:DR there is no hope for me?

EDIT

Wait SysWOW64 uiautomatincore version is 10.0.10240.16431 and my fsx one is the vista. http://imgur.com/D2CxvM3

I am going to see what happens when I put in the syswow one.

Also I noticed I renamed the uiautomationcore in my system32 (not syswow64) and not seeing any damage.

You have been a very active member here for a long time and I have the utmost respect for you but think it is time for you to upgrade Windows... :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, and I agree I should upgrade!! Unfortunately due to family medical issues, I'm helping out with, I'm currently not in a position to do so. Hopefully things will eventually change, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. So for now I have FSX-SE working fairly well with a reasonable amount of detail and performance. Thanks to FSXSE VAS management, I don't have an OOM issue, even with the PMDG T7 even though I'm still on a 32bit O/S. So for now what I have is not great, but acceptable, at least to me!!

Thanks

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm not convinced that uiautomationcore.dlll is faulting only due to systems being run to the max. In my experience it would fault very early, in the first few minutes after starting FSX. Usually while setting up FMS on the ground, not in the menu. Yes, I do have a reasonably powerful PC and I do run with high settings and some of the mainstream add ons but what I found is that if I do not get this crash within the first couple minutes, I don't get it at all, regardless of whether I repeatedly access the menu and regardless of the flights duration (many hours in the NGX with ASN, REX, GSX, FTXG etc along with 2048 textures, detailed add on airports and a healthy 4.4 GHz overclocked CPU. This goes against that theory in my case.

In my case I presume something, maybe within FSX or an addon is calling on this dll during the early stages of FSX loading "stuff" in the background. This was with no uia dll sitting in the FSX root. I have now placed the 18000 version in the root to see what happens on my system. As it was an irregular occurrence, will need to give it a fair amount of time to establish whether this has had any effect. Should this fail, I will try the other old version of the uia dll file, and failing that, I will try simply copying the system32 version into FSX root. Some reports on the web that this works, although FSX should be theoretically using this file anyway. This "fix" might imply that it is more a case of both FSX and Windows or another background program or service calling on the file for different purposes at the same time. Giving FSX it's own "private" version of the file reduces the chance of such conflict. Just a theory.......

I never had this issue when running Win7, only became a problem with Windows 10, which was on a totally clean install, not an overlaid upgrade.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I'm not convinced that uiautomationcore.dlll is faulting only due to systems being run to the max.

Good call, loading up the sim has nothing to do with it.