Sign in to follow this  
LarryF

Landing Lights not Visible from Cockpit

I converted an AI aircraft and made it flyable. Everything works fine for daytime flights. I am using a default panel and sounds, those work fine for a DC-8-71. I'm still experimenting with the lights, Right now, the Taxi lights only come on when I switch on the Landing lights. I do have them assigned to separate circuit #'s, but still need some tweaking. The major problem is the Landing lights show nicely from the exterior views, but not from within the cockpit. It is difficult to land and taxi from the pilot's seat (inside) at night. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. :dance:

You can try to add Landing Lights with ACM (Aircraft Container Manager).

Trouble is this tool does not seem to be available anymore.

If and when the lights (Taxi, Landing) are hardcoded in the air file it is difficult or impossible to change the lights.

The light splash you see on the ground is part of the model.

As that model was intended for AI use that light splash was probably never added to the model.

There is no way to add it to the model now.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

FYI:

There are several differences between user flyable aircraft and AI models. It has to do with the dynamics of the FS AI engine. The design of the placement of weight stations is different for proper weight and balance. Another difference is the fact that the AI are rendered in a radius around the user aircraft and not necessarily have traveled the full distance from takeoff and may not have the proper fuel burnoff. In converting aircraft these have to be taken into account. A proper designed AI has different flight dynamics as well. They are not intended for use as a user flyable aircraft.

I know the default models are stated to be used as both but occasionally if you use those as AI they can be seen stalling and crashing short of the runway on occasion.

My issue with invisible lights is that I had them for POSKY, TDS, SSP, etc., aircraft; now they're gone.  Might there a file other model or AIR missing from somewhere else?  I was trying out a panel for the POSKY 744s and am now thinking that something got erased.

thanks.

John

Hey, that did the trick!  I can only think that installing these other panels modified fs9.cfg, because I do remember checking that very line many years ago.  I only change elements of fs9.cfg when necessary.

thank you very much!