Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

RealAir B60 V2 (N43HD)

This is another aircraft photographed by Ryan Butterworth at Duluth airport, where he is often seen hanging around looking suspicious. :ph34r:

This is what he's been up to:

n43hdreal.jpg

Thank you Ryan. :smile:

This is what I've been up to:

n43hd1.jpg

n43hd2.jpg

n43hd3.jpg

n43hd4.jpg

It's on AVSIM Library awaiting clearance and on my MediaFire.

P.S. This time the panel registration numbers have been done. :blush2:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That's really funny - I did that paint with another guy - but never publicly released it for personal reasons (pic of mine)

duke8_1.jpg

Yours looks great!  And a lot better... more true to what it really looks like, so thank you Ron!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great job Ron!

You know, that one might not look too bad with a pair of PT-6s hanging on it : :smile:

Cheers

TJ

Great job Ron!

You know, that one might not look too bad with a pair of PT-6s hanging on it : :smile:

Cheers

TJ

Thanks TJ. If there was such an animal you'd be right. :smile: Thankfully there isn't, as I think I've done my last Duke. Far too fiddly. Getting the cockpit view of the engines anywhere near right is a royal PITA. :BigGrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Very nice repaint, Ron. It's now ready for departure at a hazy PAPG.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks TJ. If there was such an animal you'd be right. :smile: Thankfully there isn't, as I think I've done my last Duke. Far too fiddly. Getting the cockpit view of the engines anywhere near right is a royal PITA. :BigGrin:

Oh yes I understand, the Duke and it's Turbine sibling are wonderful planes to fly for sure, but they are not the easiest planes to paint.

Not only is it a complicated shape, its got a lot of duplicative textures.   Even changing the registration on a scheme required changing Fuselage main/alpha, Fuselage Oil main/alpha, spec file main/alpa, wing underside main/alpha, wing underside oil main/alpha, wing spec/alpha, panel day/night...lol.

I made some blank textures for the Turbine Duke V2 that could be layered into the P Duke V2 kit, however the hangup is not having layered oil textures for the nacelles which has kept me from doing more T Duke paints.  There are some fantastic Piston schemes that I would love to convert to Turbine, but can't do much with the nacelles until I can get layered oil stains lol.

Cheers

TJ