Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

A New FS9 Contribution from John Young and ACG

In case you missed it, I highly recommend downloading and installing a really excellent set of files from John Young and the ACG folks that were just uploaded to AVSIM. It consists of two brand-new AI models of the B-26 Marauder and B-24 Liberator with an amazing range of paint schemes and variations, PLUS two really excellent WWII USAAF bases from which the aircraft fly. Also included are AI files for both airfields and aircraft types.

Retro AI and World War II aircraft may not be everybody's thing but these files really bring a new dimension to FS9 so I hope many of you will give it a try. After all, it's freeware! :Party:

And kudos to John and company for another outstanding contribution to the FS community - THANK YOU guys!
Cheers

Ian

Yes FS9 excels at vintage and retro sims, and these guys have made a massive contribution to this.

Interesting that MAIW are wondering whether FS9 remains the platform of choice for their military AI and sceneries...

I say YES, I have a dedicated WW2 FS9 sim installed and it's about as big as my main civilian one! (I came across the RealAir Spit AI the other day in there, brilliantly done)

Thanks for the heads-up Ian. And many thanks go to John Young and ACG without whom our beloved FS9 would be poorer.

Thank you to John Young and ACG for continuing FS9 development, but I am just not into the retro stuff at all.

By the way, have you seen his new Blackhawk and F-15 AI models? The are awesome!

Great shots! Nice to see the military coming up to FS9.5 standard.

Mine will be installed this weekend, I'll have to go fetch some flyables at the back of the hangar.

For the B-26 Marauder I use

//FS2004 Aircraft Configuration File
//Martin B-26 Marauder (Hitch Hiker)
//© R.L. Clark, Dave Eckert, 05/05/04

For the B-24 Liberator I use

//Consolidated B-24 Liberator
//Original FDE by Shane Olguin for AlphaSim Ltd.
//Last updated:  13 APR 08 by DD 02:50

What do you mean?

Where can the aircraft be found for download?

To be more specific: where can the B-24 with the update date April 08 be found?

Well I didn't have a Liberator in my hangar! so went looking and found the Virtavia one still for sale at Sim Market. NZD50 is a bit steep maybe, but there it is: whatever you want in FS2004 you will eventually find.

zFtxsW.jpg

John Young's period objects are masterpieces in themselves, there are even some AI Jeeps which zip around the place.

sMKBvd.jpg

I found nothing in freeware that comes even close to the flyable B-24 and B-26 shown above, so the Virtavia payware B-24 looks like a winner.  There probably is a payware B-26 out there too, but the one that Navtech referenced is freeware, and isn't bad if you dump the wimpy sound file for a better one.  Anyone have better suggestions?  John Young's contributions are really amazing, for sure.

I'm pretty sure that the four nice screen shots that Navtech posted above show payware planes being flown.  The B-24 is the currently offered one from payware Virtavia.  The B-26 looks similar in markings to to the freeware aircraft mentioned, but the one in the screenies is much better detailed; source unknown.  Oddly, I can't find these new airfields on the ACG web page, or any mention of them.  ACG requires "membership" for full access.  Maybe they are hidden somewhere behind the curtain?

The B-24 is the Alphasim payware

The B-26 Marauder is the freeware one !

FS2004 Martin Marauder B-26C "Mary Ann" [ Download | View ]

Flightsim.com

Name: b26mann.zip
Size: 8,082,587 Date: 09-23-2007 Downloads: 1,090

b26mann.gif
FS2004 Martin Marauder B-26C "Mary Ann". A B26C of the 494th BS 344th BG based at Stanstead (1944). Included in this file you'll find an alternative flight model done by Bruce Pikula; to fly with this flight dynamics the plane will require a higher speed (and care) for take off and landings and even more attention during cruising (only for experienced pilots; with permission of David Eckert). Textures only for David Eckert's HHIKER.ZIP. Repaint by Damian Radice.
FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Warbirds FS2004 Martin B-26 Marauder [ Download | View | Video ]
Name: hhiker.zip
Size: 8,755,364 Date: 05-27-2004 Downloads: 34,292

hhikerp.gif
devaward.gif
hhiker.gif
fbq1.giffcq1.gif FS2002/FS2004 Martin B-26 Marauder. This package includes completely new plane, panel and scenery models and designs for FS2002 and FS2004. It also includes new aircraft sound files, a full virtual cockpit and full moving parts. Authentically instrumented and highly detailed, this package is specially dedicated to the "Marauder Men" of WWII. Scenery by Paul Roberts, flight dynamics, sounds and panel by R.L. Clark and plane by David Eckert.

Sceneries are in the AVSIM library !!
Filename: bc_earls_colne_fs9_1.zip
Filename: bc_north_pickenham_fs9_1.zip