Sign in to follow this  
dubus

Move the seat ?

Hello,

I use "EZDOK Camera" and to have a realistic view must have a zoom between 0.8 and 1.0. Unfortunately the captain's seat (armchair) obstructs the view of the panel.

Is there a way to delete or move the seat (armchair) of the captain in the cocpit of the 777 (panel 3D).

Regards.

I also found the ultimate view that balances the zoom to 70% and keeps the view of the instruments and the outside view.  But it forces me to move back and the seat is in the way.  I'd love to remove he seat also - but I doubt it can be done.

Paul Gugliotta

I am content with a compromise zoom to 82%. But this is not ideal primarily due  to the  effect of "roping" ( FSX bug in detail at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweTT0VvUi0  ). This bug "FSX head latency problem" accentuated the problem.

Too bad PMDG is not intended seat adjustement as was the case with the 747 (PMDG).

I am content with a compromise zoom to 82%. But this is not ideal primarily due  to the  effect of "roping" ( FSX bug in detail at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweTT0VvUi0  ). This bug "FSX head latency problem" accentuated the problem.

Too bad PMDG is not intended seat adjustement as was the case with the 747 (PMDG).

They hit the limit on animations in the virtual cockpit. Any more causes even larger performance hits. The same reason there is no water effect on the windshields. It's another drawback in the old fsx engine. - David Lee

The point in using/having EZDOC is to set cameras to the views you want. If you want to look down at the nav radios /center column between the seats. You set up a camera to how it would give you a view IRL you move the view point over the right arm of the chair and point it down to the view you want there.

With EZDOC you don't need the arm to lift up or the chair to move or remove the chair.

That's what EZDOC is for.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The point in using/having EZDOC is to set cameras to the views you want. If you want to look down at the nav radios /center column between the seats. You set up a camera to how it would give you a view IRL you move the view point over the right arm of the chair and point it down to the view you want there.

With EZDOC you don't need the arm to lift up or the chair to move or remove the chair.

That's what EZDOC is for.

Think you need to read the comment from the OP again. - David Lee

I'm not sure what panel he is on about but with ezdoc you should be able to see anything you wanted to, enlighten me Dave to just want panel you cannot see and why with ezdoc you can not make a view of it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Think you need to read the comment from the OP again. - David Lee

If the op is using  ezdoc  than he  has the wrong  camera settings   if  he  cant  see   what he  needs  to view

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm not sure what panel he is on about but with ezdoc you should be able to see anything you wanted to, enlighten me Dave to just want panel you cannot see and why with ezdoc you can not make a view of it.

If the op is using  ezdoc  than he  has the wrong  camera settings   if  he  cant  see   what he  needs  to view

If you have a set zoom level such as .9 or 1.0, your cockpit view is obstructed by the seat behind you, because you have to move the camera back to get an overview of the main panel. And moving the camera back, your camera ends up inside the headrest of the seat. - David Lee

The op first line was...I'm using Ezdoc....

How David can your view ever be obstructed by the seat behind you? Answer,Only if you don't set the camera up right and you have not moved the view point forward before setting any zoom. And if you want to see the main panel set another camera up. Use a key or button to switch between the views. That is the point of Ezdoc to have different views and set them up just how you like them. Not to end up with a view from the back of a seat.

It seems from your replies Dave you like the OP don't know how to set Ezdoc up right.

I have around 6 views for the VC and use .7 zoom on all. Around 5 for out side views all have hot keys/ HOTAS buttons set with panel ones with no effect or movements.

the op is using ezdoc than he has the wrong camera settings if he cant see what he needs to view

+1

If you have a set zoom level such as .9 or 1.0, your cockpit view is obstructed by the seat behind you, because you have to move the camera back to get an overview of the main panel. And moving the camera back, your camera ends up inside the headrest of the seat. - David Lee

Than the op needs to adjust his  views  than  using  edoc  views  not  zooming  views(iam talking  about  changing  the edoc  view  keys  you can set  up)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I understand and have the same issue..

It is reported that the most realistic RL view is 1.0.

If you set that your face is practically squashed up against the instruments lol..

If I then use EZDOK to move back to get a clear view of the panel it moves me behind the pilots seat effectively obscuring the view...effectively that view has you sitting behind the pilot.

I am not aware of a fix so I settle for .40

Dave

OMG there is no hope  :sad:

YOU DON'T MOVE BACK YOU HAVE ANOTHER VIEW

yes i was shouting in frustration :Cry:  

Normal view to your liking!

view1.jpg

Then make another view like below. 

view3.jpg

There is not a problem with the seat it does not need a delete option you need to learn how to use the programe and thats your problem.

Now we all need to learn and we are all new at some point. So I suggest you goto youtube a do a search on how to set up camera views with Ezdoc.

Ever better buy TrackIR then you can just look down like you would if you was siting in the seat. 

OMG there is no hope  :sad:

YOU DON'T MOVE BACK YOU HAVE ANOTHER VIEW

yes i was shouting in frustration :Cry:  

Normal view to your liking!

view1.jpg

Then make another view like below. 

view3.jpg

There is not a problem with the seat it does not need a delete option you need to learn how to use the programe and thats your problem.

Now we all need to learn and we are all new at some point. So I suggest you goto youtube a do a search on how to set up camera views with Ezdoc.

Ever better buy TrackIR then you can just look down like you would if you was siting in the seat. 

You keep missing the point here. If someone wants a view setup that has a high zoom level and the entire panel, like .90 or 1, you cannot move the camera back to get the entire panel without having the camera stuck into the seat rest.

I use zoom level .7, and I barely can move the camera back far enough to get the front panel before it goes back more into the head rest

And the default camera forces that you cannot totally get rid of, make this even worse. Once the airplane gets going, the camera moves back more with the airplane's acceleration. The headrest is right there

David Lee