Sign in to follow this  
Twenty6

Change G1000 default settings

Some of the G1000 defaults don't make sense to me so I changed them. There's a file named "G1000_configEMBP200.spb" inside  the "EMB505_G1000.CAB" located in the gauges folder of your flight sim (FSX or P3D). You can change dislay brightness, map settings, V-speeds, autozoom, to name a few. Anything you change becomes the default and is there next time you fly.

You can open "G1000_configEMBP200.spb" with a text editor (Notepad++) and look around BUT you can't change anything without first converting it to XML. Most all the variables have comments explaining what they do and the allowable choices.

Except V-speeds.

121 (>L:G1000_Vbg, knots)     //Vref on speed tape
                                107 (>L:G1000_Vr, knots)        //Vr on speed tape       
                                103 (>L:G1000_Vx, knots)       //V1 on speed tape       
                                114 (>L:G1000_Vy, knots)       //V2 on speed tape

You need a small utility named "spb2xml.exe" to make the conversion. Available on the Internet.

And remember to rename "G1000_configEMBP200.spb" to "G1000_configEMBP200.spb.OFF" so it doesn't interfere with the new XML file.

If anyone just wants the "G1000_configEMBP200.xml" with my defaults PM me. My defaults include the V-speeds listed above and they're turned "on" and show on the PFD speedtape. Reversionary panel "on" cuz I have the GTN750 displayed on Carenado's MFD. Display brightness = 70%. Fuel listed as pounds, not gallons. CDI source = GPS.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

hi DayWalker,

Put both spb2xml and g1000_configembp200.spb in the same directory.

Open a DOS window.(Start > Run > Cmd)

Change to the drive and directory containing both files.

"spb2xml.exe g1000_configembp200.spb"

Should write a file "g1000_configembp200.xml" to the same directory.

Move/copy the XML file back into FSX\gauges\EMB505_G1000

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe