Sign in to follow this  
robbroadbent

Master Battery Toggle

The Battery Switches shown on the "Lateral Switches" panel will not operate via a keyboard shortcut or externally assigned switch. They will only function when clicked by the mouse.

The FSUIPC Console window shows multiple instances of the command sent with random parameters attached when the switch or assigned key is operated.  When clicked on by the mouse it shows only the one instance.

A keyboard shortcut or externally assigned switch works fine on the Phenom 100.

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

The Battery Switches shown on the "Lateral Switches" panel will not operate via a keyboard shortcut or externally assigned switch. They will only function when clicked by the mouse.

The FSUIPC Console window shows multiple instances of the command sent with random parameters attached when the switch or assigned key is operated.  When clicked on by the mouse it shows only the one instance.

A keyboard shortcut or externally assigned switch works fine on the Phenom 100.

You raise a good point, and it applies to anyone using a Saitek Switch Panel. I'm assuming other hardware controls would be similar.

Another factor to consider is the Avionics switch. I always start my flights from a Cold & Dark condition. When energizing the Phenom, I have to energize Batteries and Generators with the VC switches, yet the Avionics do not energize without using the hardware switch on my Saitek. This is indicated by the Standby PFD (next to the autopilot) presenting as a blank screen until the Avionics switch is activated.

I tested the effect of this by not activating the Avionics as part of a start-up, and found that you can enter a flightplan in the G1000, set an altitude, but not lock on to a VS, or any lateral controls. Basically, the issues many people are reporting with the autopilot can be remedied by toggling the Avionics switch via hardware or keyboard.

So, if you are having autopilot issues, look at the Standby PFD next to the autopilot, and make sure you can see the display properly. If not, flip the Avionics switch.

Thanks for the further info 300hp.GT.  I hadn't got that far.

Here is the reply I received from Carenado: -

"Greetings,

The shortcut keys are calling simulator's input and codes, in order to have more realistic systems, avionics and behaviour, we had to overwrite most of those input and codes and they have to be input on the screen.

Regards,

Carenado"

Very disappointing that they removed the ability to use simple keyboard shortcuts. They should either offer a demo so you can test the functionality or at least warn people that you cannot use them. Telling customers on their website there is very little 2d panels does not cover this scenario.

That's it for me.  I will NEVER purchase nor recommend a Carenado product again.

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB