Sign in to follow this  
dmncnpilot

3 minute engine cool down modification?

Wow, you are parked before 3 minutes after landing? I don't know how FS2CREW penalizes this time but in the real world, we count taxi thrust as idle. If anything, Ive only ran into the 5 minute warm up period only when the flight engineer started the number 2 engine too late(DC10). But in all of the real world jets Ive flown, we hack the clock when back at reverse idle/runway turn off. Even with the shortest taxi distance, we have always met the 3 minute requirement.  

Is there a way to modify this to 2 minutes? So that I can shut the engines sooner.

seems  that 3  minutes   is  the right  amount  of  time  any way, if  you find  yourself  waiting,   taxi  slower  next time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

G550flyer,

That's exactly what we do at my airline also. We hack the time right after we put the engines into idle rev. I have never ran into the 3 or (2 minute cool down B1900) before in real life, but in the FSX it happens. I'm flying all over the Dominican Republic so unless I fly into Las Americas MDSD, Punta Cana MDPC or Puerto Plata MDPP I run into the 3 minute cool down issue.

I'll just have to taxi slower like Peter suggested :)

Reik Namreg

A few weeks ago I've flown with the NG  (TUIFly germany). After the landing in MUC we taxied about a minute. Engine shutdown 1 minute and 20 seconds after taxi to the gate. Also at Corfu. No 3 minutes. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

It really depends on the engines Phillipp. Some require more than others. Our sop at my airline requires a 2 min cool down before shutting off the engines. 

Reik Namreg