Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Cloud9 Bergen scenery issues in Prepar3D

Guest JustanotherPilot

The latest installer from FSDT Cloud9 Bergen installs to Prepar3Dv2 and FSX/SE versions. I have installed into the FSX Steam version and the detail is incredible, however, in the Prepar3d, although all of the files installed into their correct folder, the terminal building is way too bright as the images indicate.

FSDT, according to them, does not support P3D(although they make provision in the installer) so offer no advice or solution or even possible cause. I am hoping someone might be able to identify the issue from past experiences. To me, it looks like HDR on steroids, but I have this feature turned off in Prepar3d. I have Orbx Norway installed in FSX-SE and P3D. As Bergen works flawlessly in FSX, I don't think the Norway scenery is an issue.

Open for suggestions and/or causes.

Steve S

2015-9-23_12-13-36-577_zpstogzznad.png

2015-9-23_11-33-1-257_zpsd1z5rzwt.png

If they say it does not support P3D is because the textures are not P3D compatible , hence the problem...

Jorge

Guest JustanotherPilot

If they say it does not support P3D is because the textures are not P3D compatible , hence the problem...

Jorge

Thanks for that, wonder why they included a prepar3d triple installer then if the scenery isn't compatible, they might need to review their business plan ....doesn't offer an explanation for my problem though, I'd say 99% of FSX scenery is P3D compatible. I was hoping for a more technical response. 

It's wrong to say we haven't "offered any solution". We HAVE offered a solution, which of course is to WAIT for a scenery upgrade.

Yes, the installer works in P3D, because we have only one installer for all products, we need to keep installers current with latest OS (the original installer made by Cloud9 wouldn't even work on Windows 7/8/10) and it would be silly to intentionally cripple the installer to NOT recognize P3D, because someone might still able to find a workaround, something similar to the DX10 fixer, so it's much better having the installer recognizing all known sims anyway. Since the installer is freely available as a Trial version so, It's not as if someone could be tricked into buying ENBR for P3D when it doesn't really work.

Having said that, thanks to our incredibly flexible Couatl script engine, we'll be able to provide a fix WITHOUT requiring a new installer ( another good reason why it was right to have the installer made that way ), because we can patch the scenery on the fly, if it's running under P3D, just like we do for other products like CYVR, KIAH, KLAX, etc, so we don't have to distribute two installers or have the installers unnecessarily bigger because they would have to contain two set of objects, due to the difference in rendering between FSX and P3D.

The new fix is ALREADY under internal testing, so it will appear very shortly (in the next days) as a "Live Update" feature, with nothing extra to download and no new installer.

Guest JustanotherPilot

It's wrong to say we haven't "offered any solution". We HAVE offered a solution, which of course is to WAIT for a scenery upgrade.

Yes, the installer works in P3D, because we have only one installer for all products, we need to keep installers current with latest OS (the original installer made by Cloud9 wouldn't even work on Windows 7/8/10) and it would be silly to intentionally cripple the installer to NOT recognize P3D, because someone might still able to find a workaround, something similar to the DX10 fixer, so it's much better having the installer recognizing all known sims anyway. Since the installer is freely available as a Trial version so, It's not as if someone could be tricked into buying ENBR for P3D when it doesn't really work.

Having said that, thanks to our incredibly flexible Couatl script engine, we'll be able to provide a fix WITHOUT requiring a new installer ( another good reason why it was right to have the installer made that way ), because we can patch the scenery on the fly, if it's running under P3D, just like we do for other products like CYVR, KIAH, KLAX, etc, so we don't have to distribute two installers or have the installers unnecessarily bigger because they would have to contain two set of objects, due to the difference in rendering between FSX and P3D.

The new fix is ALREADY under internal testing, so it will appear very shortly (in the next days) as a "Live Update" feature, with nothing extra to download and no new installer.

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply, it was much more informative than the reply I got from FSDT.  If you could answer how I fix the textures in the Prepar3D install, it would be appreciated. The installer worked fine. I have done a comparison of the files/.folders in my FSX-SE installation  and P3D and they have installed correctly into their respective folders, so what do I need to do to alter files/settings to get the P3D buildings texture to display correctly. As previously mentioned the FSX version is awesome, how do I get the textures to show properly in Prepar3D

Some people.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Some people.

Some people what?.... I asked for a fix that I might apply now but you chose to offer a smug reply.

That's right.  If you can't read or put 2 and 2 together then you deserve a smug reply.

Virtuali (Umberto Colapicchioni) IS FSDT.  He gave you the lowdown.

Guest JustanotherPilot

That's right.  If you can't read or put 2 and 2 together then you deserve a smug reply.

Virtuali (Umberto Colapicchioni) IS FSDT.  He gave you the lowdown.

I see that your smart answers from the FSDT Forum carry over to this one. Nice doing business with you. You have just lost one more customer.

I see that your smart answers from the FSDT Forum carry over to this one. Nice doing business with you. You have just lost one more customer.

Huh? 

I have nothing whatsoever to do with FSDT apart from being a VERY satisfied customer. Moderators please lock this thread now ... the topic starter has received his answer and from the developer himself.

Steve,

You're jumping the gun. Appliance is a member at AVSIM. He's just offering his opinion. Virtuali is the head man at FSDT. It doesn't go any higher up the ladder than that. The answer he gave you is,I think,  what you wanted to hear.

NAX669.png

I have to admit that if I saw an option to install in P3D with an installer I too would assume I could install that product into P3D.  Why would I think otherwise unless I guess knew beforehand in some manner it was not.  I would think the option would be grayed out or something.  Just my opinion.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I would think the option would be grayed out or something.  Just my opinion.

Even if we forbid installing under P3D, users would use the Migration Tool anyway, thinking it was just a legacy installer that still doesn't support P3D, like many others out there.

Since we CAN patch the scenery object on the fly (if it's running under P3D 2.x), without requiring to re-download the installer, it would be silly to force everybody to re-download a full installer, when there wasn't any need for it, only to get an updated version that doesn't forbid to install under P3D.

In fact, the whole discussion is entirely moot now, since we posted the fixes in the current Live Update.

Thanks to our method, the fix can be applied without having to re-download the scenery installer. Without even having to restart the sim...