Sign in to follow this  
737_800

No Profile for nvidea inspector

Hi guys,

I was to set up my P3D because it's performace is quiet bad, so I used to continue flying with FSX. My current nvidea inspector vesion is 1.9.7.3, but there is no Prepare 3D profile I could set up. Why is that?

You may want to look at it again.  I currently run Prepar3D v2.5 in conjunction with nvidia inspector version 1.9.7.3.  Not even an hour ago, I fired it up because I updated my nvidia drivers and low and behold, the Prepar3D profile was there and I was able to set my settings without any issue.  If you click on the box at the top of the window and start typing Prepar3D, it should come up for you.  If it doesn't, maybe you have a bad download?  Just to be safe, trying downloading nvidia inspector again and re-run the program.  I guarantee the profile exists. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yes, I have seen that this profile does exist as I have seen it on videos. However, it doesn't show up on my version. I did download and run a fresh version, but it didn't change anything. This is weird.

Is there any error source that I forget to think of? Prepare is running with Version 2.5.12945.0.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

It should be as simple as opening nvidia inspector and selecting the profile.  If it's missing, maybe you can create on from scratch, if that's even possible.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

From my understanding NI is just an editor. The profile should be in the driver.

If thats correct, (re-)installing/changing the driver should be the test.

Maybe you are using a mobile-gpu and the driver doesn't have a profile for prepar3d (just an idea).

But if there is no profile, you can easily create your own one...

p.s.: ähm... lol... sorry... you are using a nvidia-gpu and not amd?  ;-)

From my understanding NI is just an editor. The profile should be in the driver.

If thats correct, (re-)installing/changing the driver should be the test.

Maybe you are using a mobile-gpu and the driver doesn't have a profile for prepar3d (just an idea).

But if there is no profile, you can easily create your own one...

p.s.: ähm... lol... sorry... you are using a nvidia-gpu and not amd?  ;-)

I would also question where the simulator is installed to.  There may be a UAC issue involved as well.

-Jim

Love to know the secret of getting NI to work...nowdays it will NOT control P3D at 1/2 synch...seems to be acting odd in FSX too I think Nvidia have done something ...but not sure what....

Very frustrating!

Love to know the secret of getting NI to work...nowdays it will NOT control P3D at 1/2 synch...seems to be acting odd in FSX too I think Nvidia have done something ...but not sure what....

Very frustrating!

What graphics driver and NI version are you using?  There was an issue a while back with NI settings not holding if using a certain driver version, but I can say with certainty that the latest beta drivers 356.XX do allow for NI settings and actually, those drivers work much much better now in P3D.

-Jim

Can someone tell me the optimal setting in NI for P3D 2.5 Academic version to get rid of the awful screen tearing when panning in the V cockpit?  This is my only disappointment

with P3D. Other then that issue,  I like what I see.

Thanks in advance!

I wasn't aware that the P3D profile worked in any driver version.

There's no mention of this either in the latest profile release notes.

Hi All,

I am on FSX, and use nvidia inspector, Steve DX10 fixer.

It has been an year or to since I upgraded my nvidia driver.

What is the correct, step by step approach to upgrading to the latest driver?.

Also which is the best version of the driver for FSX ?.

Thanks

Harishanker

I wasn't aware that the P3D profile worked in any driver version.

There's no mention of this either in the latest profile release notes.

It was mentioned several driver releases ago when they modified the Prepar3D SLI profile. NI has been working just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi All,

I am on FSX, and use nvidia inspector, Steve DX10 fixer.

It has been an year or to since I upgraded my nvidia driver.

What is the correct, step by step approach to upgrading to the latest driver?.

Also which is the best version of the driver for FSX ?.

Thanks

Harishanker

Technically you can just install over the top. In practice I never do unless its' for minor updates. If you are updating from one driver primary to another (i.e. from 342.x-355.x)

Run DDU from

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

preferably in safemode

Then run installer for the new driver set. Reboot (this appears to have come back into `fashion` at NV after being unnecessary for the past few driver sets, but is a good idea anyways)

Clean the shader cache (details are here in the forum)

Start the sim. Short delay while the shader cache is rebuilt and then you're good to go !