Sign in to follow this  
Dominguez1221986

Ways to improve frame rates

Hello All,

After I made some serious adjustments to my settings in FSX to make this aircraft flyable, I was wondering if there are any tips out there to improve frame rates? On the Phenom 100 I removed the weather radar, and it improved FFS slightly, are there other files I can remove that wont compromise regular lite flying. 

Please let me know.

Cheers,

Jason

From my experience with Carenado aircraft, it's hit or miss.  I have a few of their aircraft, and in both FSX and P3D, framerates are all different.  The only one that does extremely well with frames is the B1900 (at least on my rig).  The C182 is bad, in comparison to the A2A version (which I highly recommend, if enough of the other users here didn't convince you yet).  I have the Phenom 100 and have to agree that you have to strip it down to a flying gas can in order to enjoy your flight.

I wish I had more to offer you, but from my own experiences, they make beautiful looking aircraft but their systems tend to tax the sim a little much.

Btw, what are your settings now?  What other 3rd party add-ons are you running?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hello All,

After I made some serious adjustments to my settings in FSX to make this aircraft flyable, I was wondering if there are any tips out there to improve frame rates? On the Phenom 100 I removed the weather radar, and it improved FFS slightly, are there other files I can remove that wont compromise regular lite flying.

Please let me know.

Cheers,

Jason

Jason,

You can turn off the power to the copilot's MFD. That alone will save several FPS.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .