Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

ATC problem with created airport

Hi,

I created a fictional airport in ADE, which happens to be at a very high lattitude (N82, if that matters).  I'm having a problem with ATC at this airport.

I cannot recieve IFR clearance to depart the airport.  I make the request, it gives me the clearance, I read it back, and then nothing.  No confirmation of a correct readback, it just stops responding on a "no messages to transmit" message and I have to use the map screen to change heading by 1 degree to reset ATC.  It does not matter what ATC centres I have setup.  I originally had just a Tower frequency, then I added a Clearance frequency, now I've removed both of those and added just a UNICOM frequency.  All stop responding after my readback.

I tried again from nearby stock airstrip CYLT, also at N82 lattitude, and it worked fine, so I have reason to believe this is specific to this airport, which I am 99.99% sure the comms are correctly setup.

Any ideas what is wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

There is no frequency conflict? I just made a new simple airport in northern Canada (Prince of Wales island) with several comms and it seems to work fine.

With the different combinations of ATC comms I've tried, I've tried it with several different frequencies.  It is my understanding that ADE should list any nearby comm stations, and it does not list any comms other than the one (currently) I added.

It is my understanding that ADE should list any nearby comm stations, and it does not list any comms other than the one (currently) I added.

If you start with a default airport this is true.

Since you are starting with a new airport there is no place for ADE to find info on nearby airports.

You could try Tools > Load Stock Data and see if ADE finds any COMMs.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

If you start with a default airport this is true.

Since you are starting with a new airport there is no place for ADE to find info on nearby airports.

You could try Tools > Load Stock Data and see if ADE finds any COMMs.

regards,

Joe

Tried loading all stock data that it would let me (including comms), and no other comms on the list other than the ones I made.