Sign in to follow this  
DesertPilot85

External scenery.cfg not copied before FTX Central is run

I am currently using multiple external scenery.cfg files, with names such as orbxscenery.cfg (dedicated to Orbx flying) and otherscenery.cfg (for non-Orbx flying).

I have set up an Orbx profile in SimStarter, specifying the use of orbxscenery.cfg as the external scenery.cfg to use.  I also enabled the FTX Central prompt, to allow me to run FTX Central when starting up my Orbx profile.

It appears that SimStarter currently is not copying orbxscenery.cfg file to scenery.cfg, before running FTX Central.  When I switch between FTX Global and regions using FTX Central, FTX Central will update the scenery.cfg file.  But that scenery.cfg hadn't yet copied over from orbxscenery.cfg.  When FTX Central is closed, SimStarter will then copy orbxscenery.cfg over to scenery.cfg, clobbering the scenery.cfg updates made by FTX Central.

Can SimStarter be fixed to have the proper scenery.cfg file in place first based on the profile scenery specifications, before running FTX Central?

Yes it will. The next version will have a different handling for FTX Central and I will replace the order for the execution.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Will be included in Version 2.7 build 01 (released soon).

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Will be included in Version 2.7 build 01 (released soon).

Three thumbs up!

I am using the prevoious version on a regular base and can't imagine any more to handle Prepar3d without it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11