Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Scenery Config Editor now supports FSX-SE !

Some new features that support a FSX-SE install either alone or along side FSX Boxed.  Great new feature that really helps those using the scenery installed in FSX Boxed as a reference in the FSX-SE install.  Program will add full paths to your FSX-SE scenery.cfg and will also keep it in sync with your FSX-MS install if and when you install any new scenery.  Awesome stuff !!!!  

By the way....also supports P3D versions 1.x and 2.x  (sorry I don't use P3D so cannot comment).

=================

I've just released v1.1.4 of the scenery config editor. No major changes to the editor, just a few additional helpful features relating to use of the editor FSX-SE, Prepar3D v1 and v2. Josep Maria Ribas has very kindly provided Spanish and Catalan translations for those who have their computers set to Spanish/Catalan.

Changelog below:
  • Add mode to FSX-SE scenery in sync with FSX scenery
  • Add P3D and P3Dv2 detection
  • Add Expand Paths functionality
  • Add modes for FSX-SE Co-existence and detection.
  • Add defaulting to last view used.
  • Add Spanish and Catalan translations kindly provided by Josep Maria Ribas
  •  

http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks for the heads up Mark.  It's probably about time I start using this to manage my scenery.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks for the info! A very clever and usefull program.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thanks, Mark.  I have used the editor for FS9 and FSX for some time.  Been waiting for the FSX-SE version.  This has been a most useful program.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the h/u, Mark.

My appreciation for this tool grows with every scenery that I manage with it.

Hint:

For those not too fond of autoinstallers, the installer is treated like an archive by 7zip and can be unpacked anywhere. The copy and paste the "lib" folders and manual, license and .exe files into SCE's installation directory and delete the old version's .jar from the "lib" folder. Simple, clean and easy.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Just to make it clear, I am providing the news I am not the developer.  That is Andrew Thornton who has been very helpful and accomodating when it comes to adding features that people like me have requested.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I've used it in the past but it seems if you change scenery library a lot (say with Orbx installs) it will screw up your config.

For example...  the point of SCE is to have saved configs but if you add new scenery you'll have to go back and re-save your config.  

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.  What is the point of the software vs moving your entries in scenery library?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've used it in the past but it seems if you change scenery library a lot (say with Orbx installs) it will screw up your config.

For example...  the point of SCE is to have saved configs but if you add new scenery you'll have to go back and re-save your config.  

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.  What is the point of the software vs moving your entries in scenery library?

I've noticed that also. I like to group my sceneries by country or regions and when I run FTX Central to say, update the libraries, it screws everything up and I have to start over.

It would be cool if somebody knew a way around this.

Just so I understand correctly Ryan....are you saying that it messes up the order you have the scenery in ?  Or does something else get messed up?  Once I understand I will contact the developer and see if he has an answer.  I have lots of ORBX as well so I am also interested in this issue although I have not noticed any ill effects of updating the libraries.

Mark W   CYYZ      

Mark,

If Andrew would make a separate file, such as a .dat where it would keep the grouping data, names, colors etc.. by using the scenery name (or path) it would then become proprietary to his program. As it is now the grouping data is kept inside the scenery.cfg. When an external program, such as an ORBX installer, needs to reorder entries, it uses the syntax used by FS without allowing any outside data (data gets stripped) to reorder the entries. An external .dat file would take of it as no other external program would touch the data. During a reorder by SCE would be no problem as the data for groupings goes by name (or path) and not the priority keeping the groupings intact.

That would be an excellent upgrade!  Haven't been able to use groupings since the release of the scenery installers used by ORBX. Groupings was one of the coolest features of the program.  

Thanks for the heads up on the new release.      

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

scenery group lost by FTX Central:

for me it works when , after using FTX Central,

click on top menu, "Restore", then

"Restore Groups from Backup"

but I'm no expert in that and don't change too often.

cheers

alf

Hi Mark,

Same as above. Any update by FSX Central to update sceneries immediately causes the grouped sceneries to be lost. in SCE.

As a workaround, I always save a backup of the .cfg file with a different name prior to any Orbx updates. Once Orbx has finished, I open the backup .cfg file I made and add the updated Orbx entry in manually if there's a new entry.

OK, very manual but I find this quicker than having to go back to a default cfg file and recreate all the groupings by Country/Region I have.

The proposal from Roman is a nice way to get around Orbx re-ordering the entries.Can you pass this along to Andrew?

Roman- great suggestion! :good: 

Regards

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

you can save to another folder varous scenery configs.

for example I have

just global and open lc

just australia

just usa

just UK

then everytime i fly i chooose the selector on ftx central then use the config i saved before

14ppkc-6.png