Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Scenery Config Editor now supports FSX-SE !

OK I have heard back from Andrew and he says you should try the entry in the Restore menu called "Restore Groups from Backup".  This should work.  This option is set off by default in the program, however, if it is confirmed that this fixes the problem he will make a change to set it on automatically so you don't need to go into the menu each time.  thanks!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Big  :fool: Blush here. I guess it's good to read the manual for a "refresher" course occasionally. Now have the "Automatically restore groups from backups" checked in the Edit/Preferences UI. A few quick tests shows that it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi Mark,

Same as above. Any update by FSX Central to update sceneries immediately causes the grouped sceneries to be lost. in SCE.

As a workaround, I always save a backup of the .cfg file with a different name prior to any Orbx updates. Once Orbx has finished, I open the backup .cfg file I made and add the updated Orbx entry in manually if there's a new entry.

This is basically what I did in the past but my scenery library is all screwed up...  not really from SCE... from switching between NA default and Orbx over and over.  I'm actually just annoyed at all the switching that needs to take place.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is basically what I did in the past but my scenery library is all screwed up...  not really from SCE... from switching between NA default and Orbx over and over.  I'm actually just annoyed at all the switching that needs to take place.

So each time you switch between NA default (not sure if that means Global, Vector or something else) and a region like Pacific NW Blue the ORBX Central changes the order of your scenery.cfg file?  I have ORBX regions as well and just leave it in Hybrid mode so maybe that is why I don't notice this as much.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yes

I created more profiles today though

I'm pretty sure I still have to switch to Default first before loading my profiles though

Argh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

Are you able to provide your scenery.sce and scenery.cfg files ?  Maybe best if you can back them up, then run Orbx and save the result so there is a comparison.

Mark W   CYYZ      

I have a request, for a future version.

The option "rearrange and renumber entries" is very helpful, but can it also clean up the space between entries? To make a uniform looking config by one paragraph space between each entry. just to make the config look better,  and easier to read.

Hi!

I'm the developer of the editor. Mark has very kindly told me of this forum post, so I've had a read.

777200LRF - I've adjusted the action to do this. It's worth noting that if there are terminal comments the space between the comments and the area will not be adjusted. (In my editor comments are attached to the area above, not below.)

Ryanbatcund - I don't understand what is going on here - are you saying that there is an interaction between ORBX and UA that is leading to the corruption of the scenery.cfg, or is my tool somehow involved? If you can send me the broken cfg files and the backup sce file I can try to understand what is going on. 

Joe L - I've adjusted the restore groups from backup action to fix the issues with the terminal slashes. I'm sorry about that - I should have done that in the first place!

I've also changed the software to make restore from backup automatically the default. You can change this back if you want, by looking at the preferences.

Although these are only small changes I'll release 1.1.5 with the above fixes now. 

Hi!

I'm the developer of the editor. Mark has very kindly told me of this forum post, so I've had a read.

777200LRF - I've adjusted the action to do this. It's worth noting that if there are terminal comments the space between the comments and the area will not be adjusted. (In my editor comments are attached to the area above, not below.)

Ryanbatcund - I don't understand what is going on here - are you saying that there is an interaction between ORBX and UA that is leading to the corruption of the scenery.cfg, or is my tool somehow involved? If you can send me the broken cfg files and the backup sce file I can try to understand what is going on. 

Joe L - I've adjusted the restore groups from backup action to fix the issues with the terminal slashes. I'm sorry about that - I should have done that in the first place!

I've also changed the software to make restore from backup automatically the default. You can change this back if you want, by looking at the preferences.

Although these are only small changes I'll release 1.1.5 with the above fixes now. 

Thank you so much! This program is such a help. Appreciate your program and the fact that it's free to the community.

I want to disable one of the default photosceneries for a city and SCE thinks it's essential and subsequently won't let me disable it.

Is there a "I know what I'm doing" mode for SCE that lifts this restriction?

- Edit:

Double click a scenery entry, untick "required" in "advanced settings" and voilà...full access. So. bloody. easy.

The "[number] BASE" sceneries that contain airport and terrain data are not marked as "required", while the stupid default photosceneries for some big cities are marked as the absolutely most important thing in the FSX world. I think there's something a wee bit wrong with that logic. :lol:

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days