Sign in to follow this  
gdavej

Problem with RAAS update in P3Dv2... both install and uninstall woes

I have the Aerosoft A320 with RAAS for Airbux X Series (locked version) installed. Yesterday, I received a popup on starting P3D to update RAAS. I did so, by downloading v2.3.1.7, and installed it. When I tried to restart P3D, I got an error... "Procedure entry point Simconnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll". Since P3D had been working fine before the RAAS update, it was fairly obvious what caused my problem. I uninstalled RAAS. Sure enough, P3D now started without any error. However, it also now started without tacpack being loaded. I checked the dll.xml file, and it had been screwed up by the RAAS uninstall. The uninstaller removed the following lines...

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>

ie it removed the Launch.Addon leading tag in the next section. An easy thing to fix of course, by reinserting the Launch.Addon leading tag. I don't have any problems now starting P3D, although of course, I don't now have the locked version of RAAS installed. But I wanted to add this thread in case anybody else has similar issues. In particular, the uninstall problem could be hidden by the fact that only modules added after RAAS would not be loaded, and the resolution of this issue would be difficult for somebody not conversant wih xml.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks, I'll check it out.

In the good old days before FSX, we could just drop DLL into the Modules folder.  But then MS had to make things fun by introducing the DLL.XML  :wink:

Okay, good report.  That was a bug with the P3D V2 version uninstaller.  I just fixed it.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Best,